- 2-hour tapas cooking class in Madrid
- Learn how to cook Catalan delicacies from a professional chef
- Create sumptuous specialties like pa amb tomàque and gazpacho
- Hear of recipes that have been passed down through the generations
- Sip on glasses of wine and sangria while eating tapas
What You Can Expect
A much-loved Catalan dish is pa amb tomàque – a tasty treat that translates quite aptly as ‘bread with tomatoes.’ Simple it may be, but there are secrets to making this time-tested treat as delectable as the Madrileños do. Learn about the quality of the ingredients; help chop the tomatoes and garlic; and then taste the perfect marriage of juicy tomatoes, oil and crusty bread!
Alongside this Madrid staple, learn how to cook potatoe tortilla (thick omeletes), and prepare a tongue tingling gazpacho – a zesty chilled soup made from tomatoes, cucumber, sherry vinegar and onions. The exact menu may change according to seasonality, but your chef will be sure to include some Spanish specialties.
Sit down to enjoy your plates of tapas alongside two glasses of Spanish wine and two glasses of sangria – a fruit and red wine punch. Learn how to pair the wine with your food, noting the aromas and complementing flavors, and chat with your chef about tapas bars to visit and dishes to try. Your class then finishes after your meal.