This small-group Madrid Segway tour is limited to eight people, ensuring personalized attention from a guide.
- 1-hour Segway tour of Madrid at night with an expert guide
- Capture the magic of the city at night and see top Madrid attractions illuminated
- Glide around Los Austrias, the historical neighborhood that’s often called Habsburg’s Madrid
- Explore picturesque squares such as Plaza Mayor and Plaza de la Villa
- See attractions like the Royal Palace of Madrid and Mercado de San Miguel
- Small-group tour limited to eight people ensures a more personalized Segway experience
What You Can Expect
In the early evening, meet your friendly guide and start with an orientation session to get familiar with your two-wheeled, electric, self-balancing Segway. Once you feel comfortable, you’ll weave through Madrid’s downtown streets, following your guide into the neighborhood of Los Austrias.
While gliding from site to site, enjoy plenty of stops to learn about the history of the historical area and its intriguing sights. Nicknamed Habsburg’s Madrid in reference to the countless monuments left by the Habsburg dynasty, Los Austrias is fascinating to explore with stunners such as the Royal Palace of Madrid (Palacio Real) just waiting to be seen. Stop for photos next to the famous mesones -- typical Castilian restaurants – that surround Plaza Mayor, and then continue riding around the city.
Pass Calle Cuchilleros, a street thronged with bustling cafés and restaurants, while working your way to Mercado de San Miguel. By day, the street market is full of gourmet food stalls, but at nighttime the lively bars take center stage. Glide through the picturesque square of Plaza de la Villa, admiring its elegant 17th-century architecture, and then stop for photos at Almudena Cathedral – a building as grand as its official name: Catedral de Nuestra Señora de la Almudena.
Head back past the Royal Palace of Madrid, going past the city’s illuminated opera house – Teatro Real – while hearing of its status as a national monument. Your tour then finishes at the start point.
This was a fantastic tour and a great way to experience a slice of Barcelona.
So much fun! Guide was knowledgeable and tailored the tour to our requests. Only downside was that the starting point was a bit hard to find. Better directions please!