- Private 2- or 3-hour running tour around central Madrid
- Exercise while seeing top Madrid attractions like the Royal Palace of Madrid (Palacio Real)
- Discover Madrid’s green spaces such as Casa de Campo and Buen Retiro Park
- Share your love of running with a like-minded guide
- Enjoy a flexible itinerary and set the pace, route and distance
- Choose a start time and duration to suit your schedule
What You Can Expect
All tours start and end from your centrally located Madrid hotel, and include a warm-up and stretch session. All you need is a good pair of sneakers and a bottle of water. At the end of your tour, receive a souvenir photo or video (your choice) as a keepsake of your run! Below are two sample itineraries:
Jog around the downtown streets and Los Austrias, the neighborhood that’s often called Habsburg’s Madrid in reference to the Habsburg dynasty’s architectural legacy, and see a collection of exciting monuments. Highlights include Plaza Mayor – an elegant square lined with red-brick buildings – plus the Royal Palace of Madrid and Plaza de Cibeles, home to Madrid’s famous fountain of the goddess Cibele.
Explore Casa de Campo, a large city park that was once a royal hunting ground, and jog around its large lake before retreating from the midday sun with a run through the forest. Often called the ‘green lung of Madrid,’ the much-loved city park is an oasis of peace and tranquility as well as a popular competition training ground for serious athletes; Casa de Campo hosts the annual Madrid Triathlon World Cup.
Visit Buen Retiro Park, where the yearly Madrid Marathon finishes, and jog through the throngs of buskers and street performers, passing the lake and stunning monuments. The park is better suited for leisurely jogs as there is so much to see! Stop to admire the world’s only statue of Satan – El Angel Caído – and then marvel at the beautiful gates called Puerta de Alcalá.