- Full-day private tour to the historical Roman city of Segovia, a UNESCO-listed city
- Travel by high-speed train between Madrid and Segovia and enjoy more time sightseeing
- Marvel at the spectacular Aqueduct of Segovia with a knowledgeable private guide on a 3-hour guided walking tour
- Admire Alcázar Castle and imagine how medieval life once played out inside its walls
- See stunning Segovia Cathedral, and learn about its late-Gothic architecture
- Enjoy commentary that’s customized to your interests from a private guide
What You Can Expect
On arrival, travel with your guide by taxi into central Segovia, and then head out on your walking tour. First, take time to marvel at the city’s enormous aqueduct, one of the finest Roman monuments still to be standing on the Iberian Peninsula. The Aqueduct of Segovia’s precise construction date remains a mystery, though it’s thought to date back as far as the 1st century. The structure still carries water from the Fuente Fría River into the city to this day! Admire the sheer scale of this masterpiece of Roman engineering, and take time to photograph this important landmark.
Continue onward with your guide to admire impressive Alcázar Castle, one of the most remarkable castle-palaces in the country. Built in the 11th century, this medieval fortress is often said to be an inspiration for Disney’s fairytale castle! As you explore the exterior of the site, imagine the many medieval tournaments, feasts and festivals that may once have taken place inside its walls.
Your next stop is impressive Segovia Cathedral, fondly known as the ‘lady of cathedrals’ for its elegance. Built in late-Gothic style, this Roman Catholic church sits in the center of the city and boasts a fascinating history. Pose for photos in front of its attention-grabbing façade, and hear snippets of its past from your guide.
After your walking tour finishes, enjoy some free time to see the city at your own pace. Perhaps ask your guide for tips for the best places to stop for lunch, and try out local delicacies such as suckling pig or delicious Castilian soup. Any meals, refreshments and admission tickets are at your own expense.
At the prearranged time, make your own way back to Segovia station and board your train back to Madrid’s Chamartín Station. Please note: Guide will be available for 3 hours during tour.