- 8-hour private day trip to the ancient Roman city of Segovia
- Explore the beautiful UNESCO-listed city of Segovia, dominated by the Sierra de Guadarrama mountain range
- See top city landmarks such as Segovia Cathedral and Alcázar Castle
- Stroll through the city’s charming Old Town and have a camera ready to capture the sights
- View the Aqueduct of Segovia, one of the finest monuments on the Iberian Peninsula
- Explore the city independently with a driver or upgrade to include a private guide, too
What You Can Expect
Driver and Guide:
Start with a pickup from your Madrid hotel, and then relax on the journey to the famous UNESCO World Heritage site of Segovia. This ancient Roman city enjoys an idyllic setting between the rivers Eresma and Clamores, bordered by the imposing Sierra de Guadarrama mountain range.
First, take a look at impressive Segovia Cathedral, fondly known as the ‘lady of cathedrals’ for its elegance. Built in late-Gothic style, this Roman Catholic church sits in the center of the city and boasts a fascinating history. Then, continue with your guide to admire the impressive Alcázar Castle, one of the most remarkable castle-palaces in the country.
If you want a break from exploring, enjoy a rest in the shade in Segovia’s grand central square. Here, the hustle and bustle of daily life continues as it has done for centuries, and you can soak up the atmosphere whilst enjoying the fine views. One of the benefits of a private tour is that the itinerary is relatively flexible, and you can take breaks or perhaps see other attractions, as you wish. Simply discuss with your guide on the day.
As you continue to discover Segovia’s many wonders, take time to marvel at the city’s enormous aqueduct, one of the finest Roman monuments still to be standing on the Iberian Peninsula. The Aqueduct of Segovia’s precise construction date remains a mystery, though it’s thought to date back as far as the 1st century. The structure still carries water from the Fuente Fría River into the city to this day!
Follow your knowledgeable guide through the city, and ask for tips for the best places to stop for lunch, perhaps enjoying local delicacies such as suckling pig or delicious Castilian soup. Any meals and drinks are at your own expense. At the end of your tour, say goodbye to your guide and travel back to your hotel in Madrid with your driver.