- 1.5-hour private tour of Madrid’s Prado Museum led by a knowledgeable guide
- Skip the line with your priority entrance ticket and head straight inside the Prado Museum
- Learn about King Charles III who commissioned the building to be built in the late 18th century
- See masterpieces by influential European artists like Hieronymus Bosch and Fra Angelico
- Admire Velazquez’s Las Meninas painting, and discover why it's one of the most talked-about works in Western art
What You Can Expect
As you walk around admiring the artwork, hear of the museum’s history from your guide. Housed in an ornate Neo-Classical complex, the architecture of the building is as grandiose as the works of art inside it. After starting out as the brainchild of King Charles III in the late 18th century, the original building soon was overwhelmed by the sheer amount of art it amassed, and so two further annexes were added to hold the growing collection.
As you walk through all the Prado’s buildings, your guide will point out Spanish masterpieces like Velazquez’s Las Meninas, as well as creations by the famous Dutch painter Hieronymus Bosch. See influential pieces of artwork by Italian supremos, like Fra Angelico’s The Annunciation and Tinteretto’s Christ Washing the Disciple’s Feet, and learn how to spot the differences between the different artistic periods, like Renaissance and Baroque.
Your tour finishes inside the museum, and you can continue exploring independently if you wish.
She was amazing - our tour guide ties different periods of art history together explaining the various influences certain artist la had on each other and on specific movements - she was the best! Strongly recommend her.
I highly recommend this for anyone traveling from another country. Cutting to the chase in regard to the highlights of the facility are nice whenever time is an issue. The tour guide knows exactly what major highlights to show you in a timely fashion and is wonderful at knowing the history.