Numbers are limited to 15 on this small-group walking tour, ensuring personalized attention from a guide.
- 3-hour Madrid skyline tour from the city rooftops, led by a local guide
- Discover lesser-known buildings around central Madrid that boast magnificent vantage points
- Visit a total of five rooftops including the stately La Casa Encendida, a cultural center and exhibition site
- Admire bird’s-eye views of top Madrid attractions such as the Prado Museum and Madrid Royal Palace (Palacio Real)
- Stop for a drink halfway through the tour and learn fascinating facts about Madrid’s history
- Small-group tour with a maximum of 15 ensures personalized attention at all times
What You Can Expect
From La Casa Encendida, continue to another four lesser-known rooftops around central Madrid. These buildings vary on each tour as the opportunities are endless but typical examples include a modern rooftop of a national museum, a library that seems dull on the outside but not when you step inside, a department shop roof, and a tapas bar or the rooftop terrace of a bustling food market. A mix of steps and elevators are used to take you to each rooftop.
At each of the buildings' rooftops, enjoy unsurpassed views of the city from several different angles. Look out for sights of the Prado Museum and beautiful Buen Retiro Park, and have your camera ready to capture views of the bustling Plaza de Cibeles, Gran Via shopping street, Madrid Royal Palace and more.
Roughly halfway through the tour, stop for a drink (coffee, beer, wine or soda) and chat with your guide about other places you may want to visit independently. The city is full of off-the-beaten-path vantage points and hidden gems, and — as a local expert — your guide has plenty of tips for interesting sights to see.
After three hours of ogling Madrid’s skyline from different lookout points, your tour finishes at a central location, decided on the day. Simply ask your guide for onward directions, if you need them.