- Rent a Segway and have fun exploring Madrid independently
- Start with a safety briefing and learn to balance on your Segway
- Make up an itinerary and see the city at your own pace
- Visit the neighborhood of Los Austrias to see the Royal Palace of Madrid
- Look out for top Madrid attractions such as Almudena Cathedral, Puerta del Sol and Campo del Moro
- Choose from a range of rental durations to suit your schedule
What You Can Expect
For added security, purchase a lock from the shop to secure your Segway whenever you stop, and be sure to leave ample time to return your Segway to the start point when your duration finishes.
The historical neighborhood of Los Austrias is a short distance from the Segway shop, so perhaps glide your way along Madrid’s elegant boulevards to discover sights aplenty. Often called Habsburg’s Madrid, the area was lavished with architectural wonders and monuments by the Habsburg dynasty who ruled through the 16th and 17th centuries. Swing past the Royal Palace of Madrid, stop for photos by Almudena Cathedral, and loop around the two bustling city squares of Plaza Mayor and Puerta del Sol.
Combine a visit to Los Austrias with other key sights around central Madrid, and perhaps take in the eye-catching bridge of Puente del Rey and Campo del Moro gardens, an extensive Madrid park with neatly manicured lawns and meandering paths. Other sights of interest in the nearby area include the French-style Sabatini Gardens, a smaller yet equally enchanting city park.
4- or 8-Hour Rental:
With more time at your disposal, countless sightseeing opportunities abound! Mix up the sights suggested for 1- or 2-hour rentals, or check off a few more top Madrid attractions such as Alcalá Gate (Puerta de Alcalá) on a longer route around the city. The staff at the Segway rental shop will happily offer recommendations for routes better suited to longer rental durations.