- 1.5-hour tour of the Prado Museum in Madrid with skip-the-line entrance
- See the highlights of the Prado Museum’s incredible collection with an art expert guide
- Hear tales of King Charles III who commissioned the Prado to be built in the late 18th century
- Learn about influential European artists like Hieronymus Bosch and El Greco
- See masterpieces like Velazquez’s Las Meninas and Francisco Goya’s The Family of Carlos IV
- Small-group tour limited to 20 people ensures a personalized experience with your guide
What You Can Expect
Learn about the museum’s history as you walk around admiring the artwork. Housed in a Neo-Classical complex, the building’s architecture is as fascinating to hear about as the works inside it. Having started out as the idea of King Charles III in the late 18th century, the original building soon outgrew itself, and so two further annexes were added to hold the ever-growing amount of European artwork.
Explore the works in chronological order, starting with the Bosch exhibition to see masterpieces like The Seven Deadly Sins and The Garden of Earthly Delights, and then continue through to rooms devoted to Greco – a much-celebrated Spanish Renaissance painter, sculptor and architect. Hear about his stylistic traits, evident in his oil canvas painting The Annunciation, and then visit one of the most influential pieces of artwork in Western history – Velazquez’s Las Meninas. Finish with a look at some of Goya’s works like The Family of Carlos IV -- a painting that features the artist himself – rare for an early 19th-century painting.
Your tour finishes inside the museum, and you can continue exploring independently if you wish.
Wonderful tour guide who managed a tour in both English and Spanish. The brevity of the tour was perfect for our family. We hit the highlights and enjoyed the history behind the artists' work we saw.
What a great experience! Well worth the price to skip the line - which was substantial. The tour guide was absolutlely phenomenal; knowlegable, well-spoken and with a great sense of humor. She was able to hit all the Prado highlights and provide a real sense of the art and the role of the artist within their time. Just a fabulous experience.. Highly recommend!