Numbers are limited to 15 on this small-group tour, ensuring personalized attention from a guide.
- 2-hour Spanish sweet tour of Madrid, led by a local guide
- Visit four sweet shops including authentic pastelerías and cafés
- Sample traditional sweets and desserts like churros (Spanish donuts)
- Learn about the use of quality local ingredients in seasonal treats such as turron
- Small-group tour with a maximum of 15 ensures personalized attention
What You Can Expect
Spanish sweets are generally made inside the ubiquitous pastelerías (pastry shops) and cafés that throng the streets, so head inside to discover some of their delights. Sweet samples vary each time – Spain is a country that embraces seasonal cooking – but typical treats often include churros, sugary frittered donuts that are ideal for dunking in rich hot chocolate.
As you nibble on your sugary morsels, learn about how they are made and their place in Spanish cuisine. While dishes like churros are enjoyed as a daytime snack in many other countries, the sweet-loving Spaniards often eat them for breakfast!
Hear about the use of local ingredients like nuts and honey, and learn about the different desserts and sweets that they feature in. The seasonal treat of turron is made by combining honey, almonds, egg whites and sugar to create a sticky – yet delicious – nougat.
After two hours of sweet sampling and shopping for treats to take home (own expense), finish your tour near Plaza Jacinto Benavente.