- Morning, afternoon or full-day tour of Toledo from Madrid
- See the World Heritage-listed 13th-century Cathedral of Toledo
- Admire masterpieces by El Greco, including The Burial of the Count of Orgaz in the church of St Tome
- Enjoy a guided walking tour through Toledo's atmospheric cobbled backstreets
- Choose a Toledo half-day tour in the morning or afternoon, or enjoy a full-day trip with a choice of standard or traditional Spanish lunch
- Visit the Cathedral of Toldeo on the full-day tour only
Recent Photos of This Tour
- Gate at city wall of Toledo, ...Photo by: Elizabeth T E
Philippines, 05 2011
- Transparente de la Catedral ...Photo by: Mary Grace C
- Monasterio San Juan Delos ...Photo by: Mary Grace C
- CatedralPhoto by: Vanessa G
- FantásticaPhoto by: Vanessa G
- ToledoPhoto by: Vanessa G
- Puente de San MartinPhoto by: Fernie S
- Cathedral of ToledoPhoto by: S K
- Toledo from across the riverPhoto by: parry_r
- ToledoPhoto by: Adrian M
- Catedral de ToledoPhoto by: REYNALDO M
- ToledoPhoto by: luis_diaz_c
- Toledo TourPhoto by: mximanullah
- The beautiful and very ...Photo by: Erika L
- toledoPhoto by: Zeljka v.
Croatia, 03 2014
- Full Day Tour of ToledoPhoto by: JL
Australia, 02 2014
- ToledoPhoto by: KAK
- 16th Century MonesteryPhoto by: KAK
- MonesteryPhoto by: KAK
- Synagogue Santa MariaPhoto by: KAK
What You Can Expect
Gaze at the medieval castle, with its towering turrets reminiscent of fairy tales, and admire the ancient majesty of Santa Maria La Blanca Synagogue, the oldest synagogue in Europe. Then, feast your eyes on some of El Greco’s most influential artworks in the Church of St Tome; gaze at the meticulous brushstrokes in The Burial of the Count of Orgaz and then head to the Monastery of Saint John of the Kings for a tour.
Stroll amid the courtyard cloisters and royal coats of arms in the religious structure and then head to the house of local sculptor Victorio Macho to see the eponymous museum dedicated to his impressive sculptures.
Choose the full-day tour to enhance your experience of Toledo. See the UNESCO World Heritage-listed Cathedral of Toledo, a 13th-century structure declared Spain’s finest example of Gothic architecture, and take a guided tour of the interior. Enjoy a panoramic tour of all of the city’s significant sights and opt to enjoy a traditional lunch of Spanish specialties.
Please see the Itinerary section for a sample menu.
- Vegetable stew
- Veal with green beans and french fry potatoes
- Vanilla ice cream with fruit salad
- Appetizers and Castilian tapas
- Roasted lamb with vegetables
- Truffle cake with ice cream
- Wine, mineral water and coffee
Wonderful tour with an excellent guide for our day trip. Could have appreciated a map of the tour area, otherwise it was wonderful.
The tour guide knew the history of the city and was easy to understand. The bus to and from Toledo was comfortable. We stopped just outside Toledo for a bathroom break because there are no bathrooms available until the lunch break. Warning: Toledo has a lot of very steep hills so it is very important to wear good, comfortable walking shoes! The town is very unique and beautiful. Definitely worth a visit.
Our tour guide Clara was terrific! My favorite site on this tour was the cathedral with the El Greco painting but that was until we were given a tour and demonstration of Toledo's craftsmanship, damasquinado where where I purchased my most cherished souvenir. I absolutely love it. I am glad that we included this tour of the former capital of Spain.
enjoyed the day. Everything was great and a wonderful place to visit
Great activity but aware that you will have to walk a lot. Toledo is beautiful. Pls be aware that the tour stops in 2 places for gift shopping, tourist traps... very expensive souvenirs.
We were glad we decided to take a full day tour, there is a lot to see in Toledo. Everything was very well organized (bus, drop-off, route) and our guide was knowledgeable and nice. Our teenagers girls also loved it!
fascinating journey. lovely sights, organised itinerary and great lunch
This trip was perfect. It enabled us to have a half day on our own in Lisbon in the morning, and then a guided tour to Toledo in the afternoon. The amount of time spent there was just right. It is an amazing city. Take this tour!!
Full-Day Tour! Very nice guide and great city
Did the full-day and would highly recommend. Lots to see. Also recommend spending a little more money for the traditional lunch. It was wonderful as was the entire day.