Book by December 31, 2015 and travel by March 15, 2016 and save 10% off our previously offered price!
- Morning, afternoon or full-day tour of Toledo from Madrid
- See the World Heritage-listed 13th-century Cathedral of Toledo
- Admire masterpieces by El Greco, including The Burial of the Count of Orgaz in the church of St Tome
- Enjoy a guided walking tour through Toledo's atmospheric cobbled backstreets
- Choose a Toledo half-day tour in the morning or afternoon, or enjoy a full-day trip with a choice of standard or traditional Spanish lunch
- Visit the Cathedral of Toldeo on the full-day tour only
Recent Photos of This Tour
- Gate at city wall of Toledo, ...Photo by: Elizabeth T E
Philippines, 05 2011
- Transparente de la Catedral ...Photo by: Mary Grace C
- Monasterio San Juan Delos ...Photo by: Mary Grace C
- CatedralPhoto by: Vanessa G
- FantásticaPhoto by: Vanessa G
- ToledoPhoto by: Vanessa G
- Puente de San MartinPhoto by: Fernie S
- Cathedral of ToledoPhoto by: S K
- Toledo from across the riverPhoto by: parry_r
- ToledoPhoto by: Adrian M
- Catedral de ToledoPhoto by: REYNALDO M
- ToledoPhoto by: luis_diaz_c
- Toledo TourPhoto by: mximanullah
- The beautiful and very ...Photo by: Erika L
- toledoPhoto by: Zeljka v.
Croatia, 03 2014
- Full Day Tour of ToledoPhoto by: JL
Australia, 02 2014
- ToledoPhoto by: KAK
- 16th Century MonesteryPhoto by: KAK
- MonesteryPhoto by: KAK
- Synagogue Santa MariaPhoto by: KAK
What You Can Expect
Your guided city tour takes you along the labyrinth of laneways winding through the medieval walled town. Your tour guide will point out the city’s Arabic, Mudejar Gothic and Renaissance architecture, evidence of the city’s Roman origins, Moorish influences and Baroque grandeur as the former capital of Spain.
View the medieval castle, with its storybook fortified towers, and the stunning Moorish architecture of Santa Maria La Blanca Synagogue, Europe’s oldest synagogue.
Whether you’re an art lover or history buff, you’ll recognize the setting of Toledo from the majestic paintings by the 16th-century master, El Greco. Coming face to face with one of El Greco’s most impressive works, The Burial of the Count of Orgaz, in the church of St Tome is a tour highlight. The painting features portraits of 16th-century Toledo’s most important citizens, dressed in late-Renaissance fashions.
Also visit the Monastery of Saint John of the Kings, built by King Ferdinand and Queen Isabella in the 15th century. Notice the courtyard cloisters and royal coats of arms in this classic example of Spanish Gothic Mudejar design. The tour then takes you to the former house and studio of a local sculptor at the Victorio Macho Museum, where you can see examples of the artist’s modern artworks and explore the lovely garden.
If you choose the full-day tour, you will visit the 13th-century Cathedral of Toledo, declared a World Heritage Site and Spain’s finest example of Spanish Gothic architecture. Also enjoy a panoramic tour of Toledo that takes in all the city’s highlights, from the river to the Alcazar fort, and pay an extended visit to the cathedral. Relax with a tourist-standard lunch of vegetable stew, veal and fruit salad, or indulge in a typical Spanish lunch of tapas, roast lamb, truffle cake with ice cream, accompanied by classic Spanish wine.
- Vegetable stew
- Veal with green beans and french fry potatoes
- Vanilla ice cream with fruit salad
- Appetizers and Castilian tapas
- Roasted lamb with vegetables
- Truffle cake with ice cream
- Wine, mineral water and coffee
A must is to visit Toledo while in Spain this ancient city has so much history and is unique. the tour guide was full of information. A great experience for the day.
This is surely a must see, from the sites, to the shopping to the beautiful architect loved every minute spent in Toledo, what a charming little town full of history..
Our visit to Toledo was awesome! Jorge was an excellent guide with tremendous knowledge and passion for the history of Toledo. There was quite a bit of walking on this tour, including many hills and steps, but Jorge did a nice job of keeping the group together and making sure everyone was okay. the lunch was also very good, which a delicious menu and beautiful views.
Very well organized tour with comfortable buses and well versed guides!
The best one day tour you can get from Madrid, Toledo is great most do...
We enjoyed our full day trip from Madrid to Toledo, Spain. Up early at 6:30AM, Breakfast and headed to the tour operator. Nuria was our tour guide and Carlos our driver. It took 1 hour to get to Toledo. Toledo used to the capital of Spain. Founded in1081. Nuria warned us that she would take no prisoners...and boy, she wasn't kidding! Toledo is a very steep city with lots of steps and cobblestones I'd been warned! and she kept on at a good clip. Be sure to wear running shoes, not sandals!!! We got to see lots: the Cathedral, Church of St. Tome, Synagogue, El Greco paintings, St. Martin's Bridge, a glimpse of the Alcazar fort, and had an upgraded typical Spanish lunch of tapas at Figerales Restaurant, roast lamb, truffle cake with ice cream and wine! Think we still lost weight tho!
Holy Toledo it was 30 degrees! We slept well this night! Good job Nuria and Carlos!
Excellent. The stop at the shop was the highlight of the tour.
Toledo is a beautiful medieval town with impressive old buildings. Loved the history of 3 different cultures living harmoniously together to make Toledo what it is today. The location is stunning. Don't recommend the lunch. Enjoyed the video show. Not enough time to walk around and see more on own.
Our experience with Juliá Travel in Spain was excellent. Ana was a great tourguide, very knowledgeable of Toledo. Highly recommend it. Nuestra guia Ana fue excelente y el servicio de Juliá Travel fue genial.
great tour great city!!!
$58.38 Save $5.83