- Day trip to two of Mallorca's most popular attractions
- See how Majorica pearls are made at the Majorica Pearl Factory
- Discover the 1.5-mile-long Cavern of the Dragon (Cuevas del Drach)
- Enjoy a boat trip on Lake Martel, one of world’s largest underground lakes
- Listen to a live classical musical concert and watch a light show on Lake
- Explore Porto Cristo on a panoramic sightseeing tour
Next, discover one of Mallorca’s best natural wonders, a series of caves called the Cavern of the Dragon. The caves, mentioned in Jules Verne’s book Clovis Dartetor, were discovered around the year 1338. In total, they are 1.5 miles (2.4 km) long, but only half of that is accessible – enjoy a one-hour guided tour along the 0.75-mile (1.2-km) route. While you’re in the cave, enjoy a 10-minute live performance of classical music.
At Lake Martel, one of the world’s largest underground lakes that’s hidden within the caves, watch a fascinating light show that imitates the sun rising over the lake, and enjoy a short boat ride. Alternatively, you may continue the Cavern of the Dragon tour on foot and join the rest of the group outside the caves.
When you leave the caves, head to Porto Cristo, a fishing village on the east coast of Mallorca, for a panoramic sightseeing tour. Porto Cristo is located on a sheltered bay with beautiful sandy beaches, coastal caves and shallow water. You’ll have some free time here to take a lunch break (own expense) in the center of town, which offers a wide selection of bars and restaurants, or walk past Porto Cristo's 15th-century watchtower.
Then head back though Manacor, the birthplace of top tennis player Rafael Nadal, to your original departure point.
See the Itinerary section below for information on the pickup locations within each area of Mallorca.
- North area includes the following locations: Port Alcudia, Port Pollensa, Cala San Vicente, Playa de Muro, Can Picafort.
- South area includes the following locations: Paguera, Camp de Mar, Santa Ponsa, Cala Viñas, Magalluf, Palmanova, Cala Mayor, Portals Nous, Illetes, Palma, Son Armadans, Arenal, Can Pastilla, Playa de Palma.
- East area includes the following locations: Colonia Sant Jordi, Cala Santanyi, Cala Figuera, Cala Barca, Porto Petro, Cala Dor, Cala Ferrera, Cala Egos, Porto Colom, Calas de Mallorca, Cala Domingos, Cala Murada, Cala Ratjada, Canyamel, Font de Sa Cala, Cala Mesquida, S'illot, Cala Millor, Cala Bona, Costa de los Pinos, Porto cristo, Sa Coma.
Reviewed by Larry H, October 2012
Fantastic day trip and well worth the money. I really enjoyed the Pearl Factory (however I missed the liquor tastings as I didn't see them). I felt soooo moved by the symphony in the Cavern of the Dragon... it was one of the best experiences on my entire trip. Highly recommend it to anyone traveling to Mallorca.
Reviewed by Mrs Ancy J, July 2012
the journey was relaxing