- Apoyo Lagoon day trip from Managua
- Explore the lagoon’s surrounding forest with your guide
- See lush plants and wildlife including hummingbirds, toucans, howler monkeys and more
- Relax on the shores of the lagoon and take a refreshing swim
- Catch spectacular sweeping views from the luxurious Villas at Apoyo resort
- Enjoy a fun kayak adventure out on the lagoon (own expense)
- Hotel pickup and drop-off included
What You Can Expect
With your guide, explore the tropical forest surrounding the lagoon and be on the lookout for hummingbirds, toucans, blue jays, howler monkeys, white-faced monkeys and more. Then, admire the 3-mile wide (6-km) lagoon as you relax on the shores and take a refreshing swim in the cool waters.
Head to the Villas at Apoyo, a luxurious resort tucked into the hillside whose relaxing pools offer panoramic views of the scenic lagoon. You'll have time to eat lunch here (own expense). If you’re up for an adventure, take a kayak out on the lagoon (own expense). After a full day of both relaxation and exploration, you'll return back to your Managua hotel.