- Sandboard at Cerro Negro Volcano on a day trip from Managua
- Hike to the top of Cerro Negro with your guide and admire panoramic views of the Telica and San Cristobal volcanos
- Enjoy a unique, adrenaline-filled adventure of sandboarding down a volcano!
- All equipment and hotel pickup and drop-off included
- No sandboarding experience necessary!
When you reach Cerro Negro, your guide will give you a brief overview and safety instruction before leading you on a hike up the steep volcano. Although it's less than a mile to the top of Cerro Negro, the hike up is very steep and considered difficult, so be prepared for a tough but rewarding 1.5-hour climb! Feel free to bring along snacks and water to refuel on this hike.
When you reach the top, at an elevation of about 1,640 feet (500 meters), take in gorgeous views of the surrounding Telica and San Cristobal volcanos. Then, strap in and enjoy a thrilling sandboard adventure down the volcano!
You'll have the option to sit or stand on your board, depending on your comfort level. After your tour, you’ll have time to stop for lunch (own expense) in León before returning to Managua.