- Discover Masaya and Catarina on a day trip from Managua
- Visit Masaya Volcano National Park and see the active volcano up close
- Walk around the streets of Catarina and learn about the culture from your local guide
- Admire impressive views of Granada, Lake Nicaragua and Mombacho Volcano from a lookout point in Catarina
- Watch local artists at work and enjoy live street music in San Juan de Oriente
- Entrance fees and hotel pickup and drop-off included
For a limited time only, save over 10% on the recommended retail rate - book now!
What You Can Expect
Arrive at Masaya Volcano National Park. Declared Nicaragua's first national park in the late 1970s, Masaya Volcano National Park boasts more than 12 miles (20 km) of scenic roads and trails, and is home to two volcanoes, five craters and many different types of animals including monkeys and iguanas. With your professional guide, observe the active volcano up close from your vehicle! Then, head to the Ecological Museum, where you'll learn about the fascinating history, ecology and geology of Masaya Volcano.
After exploring the volcano, visit a craft market in the town of Masaya, where you'll see all types of local crafts such as clothing to jewelry. You'll have time after your market tour for lunch (own expense) before continuing your journey to the town of Catarina.
Located only a few miles south of Masaya, Catarina is known for its impressive lookout point. From this scenic spot, admire gorgeous panoramic views of Granada, Lake Nicaragua and Mombacho Volcano before heading into town for a stroll along the colonial streets. Pass various restaurants and street vendors selling fresh fruit. Stop in San Juan de Oriente, a nearby municipality, and observe local artists at work and enjoy street musicians playing traditional Nicaraguan music before heading back to your Managua hotel.