- Guided survival-skills adventure in the Amazon Rainforest
- Learn real survival techniques as you explore the Amazon with your expert naturalist guide
- Discover how to identify which plants, fruit and nuts to eat and which ones to avoid
- Find out how to locate sources of water and learn how to build traps to catch small animals
- Enjoy a relaxing canoe ride and experience local village life with a visit to an Amazonian home
- Lunch and hotel pickup and drop-off included
Recent Photos of This Tour
What You Can Expect
After pickup from your Manaus hotel, head by boat toward the village of Tupé to begin your adventure. Put your survival skills to the test as you explore the rainforest with your guide, who’ll teach you about the lush vegetation and wildlife. Learn which native trees you can eat fruits and nuts from, like the açai palm berry tree, the maracuja (a passion fruit tree) and the Brazilian nut tree. Discover leaves and roots that can be used as medicine and find out how to locate sources of clean water for safe drinking. You’ll also learn which plants to avoid, as well as how to build traps to catch small animals.
Take a break to enjoy an authentic Brazilian lunch (included) at a local restaurant before hopping in a canoe for a scenic trip through the small channels of the Amazon. Test your newfound plant-identification skills and learn about more types of vegetation. Then, visit the home of a local Amazonian resident in the village of Tupé and discover the village's traditions and culture.
After your Amazon adventure, head back to Manaus by boat and take your survival knowledge home with you!