- Visit the Museu do Seringal Vila Paraiso (Rubber Museum) on a half-day tour from Manaus
- Explore a replica Amazonian rubber plantation
- See rubber trees and observe the living conditions of the workers on the estate
- Discover the rubber-making process, from collecting to processing to shipping
- Learn about the significance of the rubber boom in Brazil in the late 1900s from your knowledgeable guide
- Complimentary hotel pickup and drop-off
What You Can Expect
From here, enter the Rubber Master House, a replica of a rubber baron's home during the height of the boom. The building's exquisite architecture represents how much the rubber boom increased the wealth of some Brazilians.
Next, see the various rubber-making tools and then walk along a short trail into the jungle, where you'll see rubber trees. Observe the process of tapping rubber from the trees and see where rubber balls were placed to begin the smoking process. Lastly, visit the modest homes where the works lived, and discover their poor living and working conditions.
This interesting tour will open your eyes to an industry that transformed Brazil’s Amazon region in the late 1800s.