- 3.5-hour Makati sightseeing tour from Manila
- Learn interesting facts about Makati, the Philippines’ financial and commercial hub, from your guide
- Visit Nielson Tower and the American Cemetery and Memorial
- Explore cultural and historical exhibits at Museo ng Makati
- Discover the city's Spanish influences on a visit to Saints Peter and Paul Parish and Our Lady of Guadalupe
- Spend time at your leisure exploring Ayala Center’s shops
- Transport by air-conditioned vehicle, all entrance fees and hotel pickup included
What You Can Expect
Your local guide will teach you about the interesting history of Makati, a city that has become the financial and commercial center of the Philippines.
Your first stop is Nielson Tower along Ayala Avenue. This site served as the control tower for the first commercial airport in the Philippines and is now home to the Filipinas Heritage Library.
Proceed to the Museo ng Makati, a classic 19th-century Manila house. Here, see the city’s glorious historical and cultural heritage on full display through paintings, murals and film showings. You'll also see an exhibit whose themes often rotate and may include cultural presentations, sketches, arts and craft demonstrations, lectures and workshops.
Next, stop at Saints Peter and Paul Parish, the oldest church in Makati, built in 1620. Admire its intricate design and Spanish-style architecture. Nearby, stop at the parish church of Our Lady of Guadalupe, built by Augustinian friars in 1629. Learn why this site is often referred to as the ‘Guadalupe Ruins.’
Visit the American Cemetery and Memorial, which houses the world’s largest number of graves of fallen World War II soldiers, and end your tour at Ayala Center. Spend time exploring this commercial complex on your own or take an optional tour of the Ayala Museum (own expense).