- Villa Escudero Plantations day trip from Manila with a knowledgeable local guide
- Ride a water buffalo-drawn cart through the plantation, located in the beautiful countryside
- Browse interesting historical and cultural artifacts at the plantation’s museum
- Enjoy a unique dining experience at the base of a calm dam spillway
- Spend time swimming in the spring-fed pools
- Round-trip hotel transport by comfortable, air-conditioned vehicle included
With your guide, tour the plantation aboard a cart drawn by a carabao, an indigenous water buffalo, while being serenaded by a native band. Admire the picturesque showcase of traditional plantation life as you pass interesting artifacts such as a Spanish horse-drawn carriage and planes and canons from World War II.
You’ll then visit the plantation’s museum for a look at the Escudero family’s vast collection of historical, religious and cultural artifacts.
The highlight of your day will be sitting down to lunch served on bamboo dining tables at the base of a calm spillway from the Labasin Dam, the first working hydroelectric plant in the Philippines.
A few inches of cool, crystal-clear running water will trickle over your feet as you dine on a buffet lunch of local dishes such as grilled tilapia, liempo (roasted pork belly) and kaldereta (meat stew with tomato sauce and potatoes). Enjoy views of the sparkling waterfall and spend some time swimming in the villa’s spring-fed pools after lunch.
After this unique experience, you’ll be taken back to your Manila or Makati hotel.