- 3-day tour from Marrakech to the Sahara Desert in southern Morocco
- Travel through the High Atlas Mountains to the gateway city of Ouarzazate
- Explore the Draa River Valley’s picturesque towns and villages
- Stay overnight at a desert campsite in M'hamid for a taste of traditional Berber life
- Watch a desert sunrise at the Erg Lihoudi sand dunes near M'hamid
- Overnight accommodation and daily breakfasts and dinners included
- Small-group tour limited to 18 people ensures a more personalized experience
Why Our Insiders Chose This Tour
This 3-day trip lets you explore beyond Marrakech and venture into Africa's mystical Sahara Desert. Seeing the sunrise over the sand dunes in the desert is a real highlight!
What You Can Expect
Incredible value for money. Mustafa is a fantastic guide, who put our safety and wellbeing first. He was flexible and adaptable and tailored the tour to suit our personal interests. The first hotel in Ouarzazate offered a terrace pool and restaurant, spa facilities and a bar. The highlight for us was the basic camp that we got to by trekking on camels for a couple of hours into the heart of the Sahara. Surrounded by huge, soft sandunes, sitting around a campfire eating soup and tagine was a truly authentic experience. The mud huts were basic but comfortable and had rustic charm but we chose to sleep under the stars outside instead. Waking up to the sunrise over the dunes is an experience we will never forget. Although on the outset it looked like we were trying to see and do a lot in a very short time, we came away feeling like we've really seen Morocco while still having plenty of time to relax and take it all in.
Trip to M'Hamid was spectacular. The hotel at Ousazarate was excellent. My guide Mostafa did everything possible to make me comfortable. I only wish he spoke English. Highlight of trip was listening to him recite portions of the Quran in Arabic. The Sahara camp was disorganized and never saw the dunes