This small-group tour is limited to 7 people to ensure a more intimate experience.
- Day trip to three scenic valleys from Marrakech with the option to also visit Takerkoust Lake and the Kik Plateau
- Get away from the hustle-bustle of Marrkech to the stunning Atlas Mountains and witness traditional Moroccan life
- Admire the many waterfalls in Ourika Valley and see native women extract Argan oil
- See traditional Berber villages in Oukaimeden Valley and take the opportunity to dine with a local family
- Pass acres of almond, peach and walnut trees in Asni Valley
- Extend your adventure with a visit to idyllic Takerkoust Lake and the distinctive Kik Plateau
- Small-group tour limited to 7 people ensures more personalized attention from your guide
Why Our Insiders Chose This Tour
Taking a day to explore the stunning scenery of the Atlas Mountains is a highlight of any trip to Marrakech. You get to see how different life is in the villages of the valleys and what a truly beautiful country Morocco is!
Recent Photos of This Tour
- Isolated village encountered ...Photo by: Georgia K
- Takerkoust Lake and Kik ...Photo by: Lisa W
- Walk up the waterfallPhoto by: Lisa W
- View on wall to the waterfallPhoto by: Lisa W
- WaterfallPhoto by: Lisa W
- View from the locals adobe ...Photo by: Megan V
- Oukaimeden ValleyPhoto by: Andre R
- View from rooftop of Berber ...Photo by: Robert H
USA, 01 2015
- eten bij de berbersPhoto by: mike d
- Market DayPhoto by: madmel4
- Gorgoeus SceneryPhoto by: madmel4
- WaterfallPhoto by: madmel4
- Argan oil in the makingPhoto by: madmel4
- Preparing your Berber MealPhoto by: RICHARD W
- Hiking To The WaterfallPhoto by: RICHARD W
- Mountain SceneryPhoto by: RICHARD W
- WaterfallPhoto by: Cary C
- View of Atlas Mountains ...Photo by: Peter L
- Lunch at berber housePhoto by: Vinay Shanker S
United Kingdom, 11 2013
- DSC05490.JPGPhoto by: Emily
What You Can Expect
Continue on to the second valley of your trip, Oukaimeden Valley. Follow a secluded mountain road at an elevation of 5,900 feet (1,800 meters), passing traditional Berber villages with houses made of adobe and stone. For lunch (own expense), visit a local restaurant or take the amazing opportunity to have an authentic experience of the Berber culture by savoring a lunch of Moroccan salad or soup, Berber tagine with couscous, dessert and drinks with a local family.
Afterward, head toward the Asni Valley, nestled high in the Atlas Mountains. Marvel at Mt Toubkal, the highest peak in northern Africa at 13,665 feet (4,165 meters). Have your camera ready to take pictures of the acres of apple, walnut, peach and almond trees in Asni Valley.
At this point, head back to Marrakech or, if you’ve chosen the extended option, continue your journey into the Moroccan countryside for another hour. Travel to Takerkoust Lake, a serene sapphire-blue artificial lake popular with locals. Then, pass wheat fields and villages on your way to the Kik Plateau, a distinctive limestone outcropping in the Atlas Mountains that offers wonderful views of the lush valleys below. Return to Marrakech and conclude your thrilling journey through Morocco’s countryside with drop-off at your hotel or riad in the evening.
Brilliant tour and guide. Thoroughly recommend this trip
We had a great day and a lovely experience with our skilled guide and driver Abdul. He took us to beautiful places in the valleys. We do recommend the tour which is very complete and our guide/driver if you want a unique experience.
Best tour we have ever done. Scenery was spectacular. Lunch at the Berber home was delicious - best food we have eaten on our 6 week holiday in Europe and good value for money. Morocco attractive tours were very organised and our tour guide Abdul was exceptional. Abdul personalised the day giving us a real insight into life in Morocco - he was highly professional, an excellent driver and having grown up in one of the valleys really knew the area. Again the best tour guide we have experienced anywhere. One thing to note is you need proper shoes for the walk to the waterfall.
Absolutely fantastic! A must do! Despite a very early start we had a wonderful trip. The first valley we trekked up to a beautiful wonderful and because we got up early we had it all to ourselves. The trek is quite a workout and really recommend trainers or something. The lunch was the best food we had all week and ladies make sure that you're wearing long trousers as a sign of respect. The whole day was fantastic and gave a completely different view of Moroccan life as well as trying prickly pears! Brilliant brilliant brilliant!
Fantastic multilingual guide made the trip worthwhile. Many excellent stops including a one hour or so waterfall in ourika. Challenging but worth the effort. Excellent lunch (bit pricey) and stop at an Argan oil workshop to try the real deal freshly made.
Amazing views, very different from valley to valley and fresh air. The guide shaqib was superb and the lunch at the Berbers place was the best meal i actually had in morocco. Indeed highly recommended day out!!
This is probably one of the best tours to do. The communication prior to the trip was excellent, pick up time and place well in advance. Our guide Mustaffa was an extremely nice and well informed man. Nothing was too much trouble and he went out if his way to show,stop and explained every point of interest. The lunch in the local home was great tasty and plentiful. All in all a fantastic day. Thank you.
A fascinating trip, with an excellent private tour guide, through three varied and striking landscapes. Our guide/driver Abdul was brilliant: friendly, knowledgable, spoke excellent English, drove safely, and gave us loads of information on the life and geography of the mountains and their place in the history of Marrakesh. He also taught us how to say no to local salespeople! Highly recommended for couples or small groups who want a more personal and friendly way of learning about the life and landscape of the mountains, meeting local people, and eating home-made Berber food.
Highly recommended, a complete difference to the hustle and bustle of Marrakech city life and the views were exceptional beautiful, unforgettable. Especially the special moment for lunch at the local village with the backdrop of tranquility of the mountains. Also the best highlight to Morocco. Just amazing. Be prepare for some hardcore climbing to the Ourika fall, you definitely need suitable footwear for this as climbing can be quite dangerous, steep mountain climbing. Otherwise, it's the perfect
Beautiful day out, highly recommended to make the most of your trip to Marrakech