- Day trip to three scenic valleys from Marrakech with the option to also visit Takerkoust Lake and the Kik Plateau
- Get away from the hustle-bustle of Marrkech to the stunning Atlas Mountains and witness traditional Moroccan life
- Admire the many waterfalls in Ourika Valley and see native women extract Argan oil
- See traditional Berber villages in Oukaimeden Valley and take the opportunity to dine with a local family
- Pass acres of almond, peach and walnut trees in Asni Valley
- Extend your adventure with a visit to idyllic Takerkoust Lake and the distinctive Kik Plateau
- Small-group tour limited to 7 people ensures more personalized attention from your guide
Why Our Insiders Chose This Tour
Taking a day to explore the stunning scenery of the Atlas Mountains is a highlight of any trip to Marrakech. You get to see how different life is in the villages of the valleys and what a truly beautiful country Morocco is!
Recent Photos of This Tour
- A rocky walkPhoto by: Roy T
- Isolated village encountered ...Photo by: Georgia K
- Takerkoust Lake and Kik ...Photo by: Lisa W
- Walk up the waterfallPhoto by: Lisa W
- View on wall to the waterfallPhoto by: Lisa W
- WaterfallPhoto by: Lisa W
- View from the locals adobe ...Photo by: Megan V
- Oukaimeden ValleyPhoto by: Andre R
- View from rooftop of Berber ...Photo by: Robert H
USA, 01 2015
- eten bij de berbersPhoto by: mike d
- Market DayPhoto by: madmel4
- Gorgoeus SceneryPhoto by: madmel4
- WaterfallPhoto by: madmel4
- Argan oil in the makingPhoto by: madmel4
- Preparing your Berber MealPhoto by: RICHARD W
- Hiking To The WaterfallPhoto by: RICHARD W
- Mountain SceneryPhoto by: RICHARD W
- WaterfallPhoto by: Cary C
- View of Atlas Mountains ...Photo by: Peter L
- Lunch at berber housePhoto by: Vinay Shanker S
United Kingdom, 11 2013
What You Can Expect
This was the best tour period. We loved everything involved. We especially want to recommend and thank Abdillah Aitbahman who is a wealth of information and personality. Take this tour and you will not regret it.
Great experience! We recommend it to everyone who comes to visit Marrakech.
The tour was a amazing, the views where great, we were only 4 in a van so it was simple and comfortable. The lake was somehow disappointing but it and #39;s ok.
Excellent trip, excellent guide, excellent meal at the Berber village.
This is an excellent day trip which allows you experience a fascinating area with beautiful scenery. The pre-departure arrangements were very well handled. Our guide, Mustaffa, was good humored, arrived at our hotel on time and navigated us comfortably around the Three Valleys. Nothing was too much trouble and he provided a very interesting commentary throughout. The trip is extremely varied and there are numerous highlights scenery/waterfalls/argan oil production/many photographic opportunities etc. It is also an excellent insight into Berber life and the optional lunch at the Berber home was delicious and a unique way to relax during the trip - a highlight. Having read reviews in advance, we took good footwear and comfortable clothing for the hike to the waterfalls and this is a must. The additional guide waiting for us at the waterfalls was friendly and helpful. While this is a full day, it is very rewarding and something that should not to be missed as it adds a whole new dimension to a stay in Marrakesh.
This is a must trip!! the views are so breath taking and getting outside the city to the outskirts is highly recommended. there is a chance to talk to local people and taste the food too. Also buy local goods and affordable prices after huggling. the tour guide was very good because it was a small group of us, more time was spent in places. the meal in the mountains at the imam's house was beautiful and very hospitable. I would really recommend it.
fantastic scenery,informative guide lovely meal with Berber family.
Absolutely fantastic trip... we were picked up directly from the hotel, and explored the mountains. The guide was awesome, he took the time to talk to us about the history of the towns and of his people. Would definitely recommend.
I went on this trip on 21st November and it was the highlight of my stay in Marrakech. The itenerary was perfect as we visited the first valley before all the other tourists groups arrived. Then we headed for the much quieter valleys with even better views. The meal prepared by the Berber family was very nice and we enjoyed it with spectacular views of the valley. Our guide Shakib spoke excellent English unlike another city tour I joined with a guide I struggled to understand sometimes and had a sincere and easygoing attitude. We stopped at a village shop but the young man made sure we did not feel pressured to buy anything if we were not interested. I would like to thank our guide for making the tour such a comfortable and pleasant journey. Worth every penny.
Enjoyed this tour with our guide Chakeb sp?. The hike up to see the waterfall was a workout but with proper shoe wear it can be done. My kids ages 10 and 13 made it to the top. You can get great views up along the drive. Our lunch was incredible and so fulfilling at the Berber home and we felt very welcomed! Food just kept coming.
I just want to take a moment to talk about our tour guide. We were traveling with kiddos and my daughter happened to get sick 15 minutes into our tour with vomiting. Our guide went above and beyond to accommodate my daughter by stopping the car when she needed to vomit. The guide never once complained nor I felt that he didn't want us there. He simply understood that these type of things happen with kids. Thank you again for everything! Would definitely recommend this tour.