Numbers are limited to eight on this small-group tour ensuring you’ll see the best of Provence with personalized attention from your guide.
- Full-day highlights of Provence tour from Marseille with an expert local guide
- Discover Avignon on a walking tour and see the 14th-century Popes' Palace
- Visit the village of Châteauneuf-du-Pape to tour a chateau and sample its acclaimed wine
- Marvel at the UNESCO World Heritage-listed Pont du Gard – a Roman aqueduct near Nimes
- Explore pretty Les Baux de Provence independently and admire picture-perfect views
- Small-group tour with a maximum of eight people ensures a more personalized experience
After a break for lunch (own expense), head to Châteauneuf-du-Pape village, in the heart of the country’s Rhône Valley. The name ‘Châteauneuf-du-Pape’ also applies to the appellation (wine-making region) in which the village lies, and you’ll taste several of its famous wines on a tour of a wine estate here. See the vineyards and cellars while learning about the region’s viniculture from your guide.
Continue your tour by minivan, heading toward the Chaîne des Alpilles mountain range. On the way, stop to admire the UNESCO World Heritage-listed Pont du Gard – a well-preserved Roman aqueduct that once supplied the city of Nimes with water. The last stop of your day is Les Baux de Provence, a charming medieval village perched high on a rocky hill where you’ll have time to spend at leisure. Admire dramatic views over the lush Provencal countryside and amble around the cobblestone streets gazing at the city's old fortress ruins (admission to the fortress is at your own expense).
After soaking up the delights of Les Baux de Provence, meet your guide for your journey back to Marseille. Your tour finishes back at Marseille Vieux Port in the early evening.