- Half-day private tour from Marseille to Avignon
- Discover why Avignon is known as the City of Popes on a walking tour of its ancient streets
- See top Avignon attractions like Pont Saint-Bénezet and Cathedral Notre-Dame des Domes
- Visit Popes’ Palace if you wish and learn about Avignon’s papal history
- Choose from a morning or afternoon tour
- Transport by luxury air-conditioned minivan
On a walking tour, see several attractions that date back to the city’s prime, like the Pont Saint-Bénezet – the elegant bridge immortalized in the French children’s song Sur le pont d’Avignon – and Cathedral Notre-Dame des Domes. Hear tales of history from your guide and admire the city’s restored medieval ramparts as you wander around the center.
Spend the rest of your time in Avignon exploring independently and visiting any sites you wish. Perhaps visit the impressive Popes’ Palace (Palais des Papes) to learn more about the power, prestige and corruption of Avignon’s papal heritage. Entrance to the palace is at your own expense; once inside you can explore more than 20 different rooms, including the pope’s private chambers, and see incredible frescoes and architecture.
After three hours in Avignon, return to Marseille in the comfort of your luxury minivan. Your tour ends back at your Marseille hotel.