- Full-day private tour of Aix-en-Provence and Marseille with a private local guide
- Stroll down the Cours Mirabeau in Aix and marvel at the boulevard’s stylish mansions
- Explore Aix Old Town and visit the Cézanne Studio if you wish
- See top Marseille attractions like Notre-Dame de la Garde
- Admire coastal views toward Château d’If – the island fortress featured in Alexander Dumas’ novel The Count of Monte Cristo
- Hotel pickup and drop-off from Marseille included
Famous as the birthplace of French painter Paul Cézanne, Aix is firmly on the map for art lovers from around the world. See how Cézanne stamped his mark on the city by visiting his studios where he once worked, creating masterpieces such as Les Grandes Baigneuses. Entrance to the Cézanne Studio is at your own expense, but once inside you can walk in the artist’s footsteps and see numerous artifacts in the room that once inspired him. Alternatively, opt to continue exploring Aix independently.
Return to Marseille and finish your day with a panoramic sightseeing tour from the comfort of your air-conditioned minivan. Stop for photos outside Notre-Dame de la Garde – the city’s eye-catching Neo-Byzantine church – and enjoy breathtaking sea views toward Château d’If – the famous fortress featured in Alexander Dumas’ novel The Count of Monte Cristo. If time permits, head inside Notre-Dame de la Garde for a look around, and then finish your tour with a stop outside the 11th-century Abbey of St Victor, known for its spooky crypts and catacombs. Your tour ends back at your Marseille hotel in the evening.
Reviewed by Denise H, October 2011
Great Guide and Driver ....... She was very good at her Job
Reviewed by EDWARD H, August 2011
Our guide, under a difficult situation, accident on freeway which cause hour + delays, adapted and made up for all the sights we wanted to see. She was extremely knowledgeable with all aspects of French life. We really appreciated her guidence.