- Half-day private tour of Marseille and Cassis with an expert guide
- Travel along the stunning Corniche des Crêtes, admiring coastal views of the Côte d'Azur
- Look out over the Gulf of Cassis from Cape Canailles
- Take a sightseeing cruise if you wish, and see the Cassis calanques, known as the 'fjords of the French Riviera'
- See top Marseille attractions like the Abbey of St Victor and Notre-Dame de la Garde on a city sightseeing tour
What You Can Expect
Head down to the town of Cassis and walk around its pretty harbor, lined with colorful houses that typify the fishing villages of Provence. Either spend time here exploring the village or alternatively, hop aboard a sightseeing boat (own expense) and visit three of the area’s magnificent calanques – the striking limestone rock formations that comprise the so-called ‘fjords of the French Riviera’ along the coastline.
After spending roughly 45 minutes on the water, head back to Marseille by minivan and finish your day with a relaxing sightseeing tour. Stop to admire the Neo-Byzantine architecture of Marseille’s Notre-Dame de la Garde church, and enjoy unforgettable views across the sea toward Château d’If – the fortress featured in Alexander Dumas’ novel The Count of Monte Cristo. Pass the 11th-century Abbey of St Victor and then end your tour back at your Marseille hotel in the evening.
Our Guide, Marina, did an outstanding job of orienting us along the way to Cassis from Marseille. Our boat ride to 3 of the magnificent Clanaques (coves) was breathtaking. The view of the harbor from the top of the cliff was unbelievable. I'd do it again.
Our tour of Calanques and Cassis was wonderful. The driver picked us up promptly at the agreed upon time and made us feel welcomed. She was pleasant and was a wealth of information. The Calanques are so beautiful and Cassis was delightful. I highly recommend this tour.