- Full-day tour to the Provence lavender fields with a private guide
- Explore Aix-en-Provence’s bustling markets and spend time at leisure in the town
- Stop for photos in the vibrant lavender fields of Valensole Plateau
- Enjoy the heady scents of aromatic lavender and thyme while strolling through Valensole village
- Shop for lavender flowers and essential oils in Valensole’s boutiques
- Hotel pickup and drop-off from Marseille included
After exploring, enjoy some time at leisure in the town to soak up the ambiance and have lunch (own expense). Your guide will happily give you tips for the best places to eat or to simply sit and watch the world go by.
Meet your guide back at a pre-arranged time, and leave Aix by minivan to travel to the stunning Valensole Plateau – an area that bursts to life in the summer with a fragrant abundance of lavender and almond trees. Aptly translated from Latin as ‘valley of the sun,' Valensole is perfectly positioned with its warm climate and fertile ground to grow huge swathes of lavender. As you travel through its picture-perfect streets, stop for photos in the magnificent lavender fields, and then explore Valensole village at leisure, perhaps shopping for lavender flowers and essential oils to take home.
Return to Marseille in the late afternoon, passing through more picturesque stretches of Provence countryside on the way to the coast. Your tour ends back at your Marseille hotel.