Numbers are limited to eight on this small-group tour, ensuring you’ll see the best of the lavender fields with personalized attention from your guide.
- Full-day Provence lavender fields tour from Marseille
- Visit Aix-en-Provence’s bustling markets and spend time at leisure in the pretty town
- Stop for photos in the magnificent lavender fields of Valensole Plateau
- Enjoy the heady scents of lavender and thyme while exploring Valensole village
- Shop for lavender flowers and essential oils in Valensole’s quaint boutiques
- Small-group tour with a maximum of eight ensures a more personalized experience
What You Can Expect
Enjoy some time at leisure in the town to soak up the ambiance and take lunch (own expense). You guide will happily give you tips for the best places to eat or to simply sit and watch the world go by.
After meeting back at a pre-arranged time, leave Aix by minivan and travel to the achingly beautiful Valensole Plateau – an area that bursts to life in the summer with a fragrant abundance of lavender and almond trees. Aptly translated from Latin as ‘valley of the sun,' Valensole is perfectly positioned with its sunny climate and fertile ground to grow lavender... and lots of it! As you travel through its picturesque streets, stop for photos in the magnificent lavender fields, and then explore Valensole village at leisure, perhaps shopping for lavender flowers and essential oils to take home.
Return to Marseille in the late afternoon, passing through more picturesque Provence countryside on the way to the coast. Your tour ends back at Marseille Vieux Port.