Numbers are limited to eight on this small-group tour ensuring you’ll see everything with personalized attention from your guide.
- Half-day tour of Marseille and Cassis with an expert local guide
- Travel along the scenic Corniche des Crêtes, soaking up coastal views of the Côte d'Azur
- Admire panoramic views of the Gulf of Cassis from Cape Canailles
- Enjoy a boat tour to see the Cassis calanques, known as the 'fjords of the French Riviera'
- See top Marseille attractions like Notre-Dame de la Garde on a city sightseeing tour
- Small-group tour with a maximum of eight people ensures a more personalized experience
Recent Photos of This Tour
What You Can Expect
Head down the hills and stop in Cassis to walk around its pretty harbor, lined with colorful houses that typify the fishing villages of Provence. Hop aboard a sightseeing boat and cruise out of the harbor to see three of the region’s spectacular calanques – a series of striking limestone rock formations that comprise the so-called ‘fjords of the French Riviera’ along the coastline.
After spending roughly 45 minutes on the water, head back to Marseille by minivan and finish your day with a relaxing sightseeing tour. Stop to marvel at the Neo-Byzantine architecture of Marseille’s Notre-Dame de la Garde church, and enjoy breathtaking views across the sea toward Château d’If – the fortress featured in Alexander Dumas’ novel The Count of Monte Cristo. Pass the 11th-century Abbey of Saint Victor and then end your tour back at Marseille Vieux Port in the evening.
The guide was excellent and had a lot of local knowledge about Marseille and Provence in general.
One of the best tours we've been on. Great tour guide. Coverage was really good, especially being taken up to the church with the view over Marseille and down to the fishing village at the end of the road (very scenic). Guide also deviated to show one of the people something they particularly requested, but didn't make the tour run late or miss anything out. Well worth doing!