Save almost 30% on the recommended cruise ship price - book now!
- Tropical Maui shore excursion to Iao Valley and the Maui Ocean Center
- Tour Maui Tropical Plantation and learn about the history of the native crops
- Sample delicious, local and hand-picked Hawaiian fruits
- Visit the lush Iao Valley and soak in the beautiful views
- Learn about the fascinating history of Iao Valley
- Get a glimpse into Hawaii's undersea world at Maui Ocean Center
- Free port pickup and drop-off
- Covered by Viator's worry-free policy: guaranteed on-time return to your ship
What You Can Expect
It was at Iao Valley in 1790 that King Kamehameha conquered Maui in order to unite the Hawaiian Islands, and changed the course of Hawaiian history. Take a leisurely hike and enjoy the exhibits at the valley’s Hawaii Nature Center.
Next, enter the Maui Tropical Plantation. You'll learn about Hawaii's 14 most- popular flower and food crops, such as papaya, guava, mango, taro, macadamia nuts and coffee. See a coconut- husking demonstration, feast on the delicious fresh fruits and capture the agricultural beauty of Maui.
Choose to extend your shore excursion at the Maui Ocean Center, where you'll get a peek into Hawaii's undersea world. See amazing live coral displays, watch Hawaii's cherished green sea turtles, and get up close with sharks, stingrays and thousands of tropical fish! Naturalists will be on hand to share knowledge of the marine life of the Hawaiian Islands.
Worry-free Shore Excursion:
We will ensure your timely return back to the ship in Kahului Pier for this activity. If your ship is delayed and you are unable attend this activity, your money will be refunded. See our terms and conditions for full details.