Be transported to the Maui of yesteryear on the Lahaina train! Aboard one of the last remaining sugar-cane trains in Hawaii, you'll ride between historic Lahaina town and the resorts of Kaanapali.
- Scenic 1.5-hour round trip on the Lahaina Kaanapali Railroad
- Sightseeing with a difference aboard the old sugar-cane railroad
- Panoramic views of neighboring islands and the West Maui Mountains
- Whale watching (seasonal)
- Choice of morning and afternoon departure times
- Professional narration about the history and culture of Hawaii
Recent Photos of this Tour
What You Can Expect
During your Lahaina train journey, a narrator will entertain you Hawaiian-style and point out sites of interest along the way. From December to April, it is a common to spot humpback whales frolicking in the warm Pacific waters.
For more than 100 years, Hawaii's sugar trains hauled sugar cane to the mills, and transported workers between their homes and the cane fields. Steam locomotives became a picturesque part of the Hawaiian landscape, sounding their haunting whistles as they rounded a mountain curve and plowing along narrow-gauge tracks between fields of sugar cane.
Although the sugar-cane fields are now gone, the Lahaina train keeps on rolling, preserving Maui's rich sugar-cane heritage.
Very good,Thank you .
Myrtle (the Engine) my new "GIRLFRIEND", was so much FUN ! Like stepping back a hundred years. Very accomodating crew. Live tour guide complete with singing to his Uke. LOVED IT ! Absolutely no problem with reservation upon arival. Got to sit in engine to have photo taken, was HOT in there, don't know how they do it all day long.