- Maui shore excursion from Lahaina - Haleakala Crater
- Enjoy spectacular views of Maui at the summit of Haleakala
- Visit the protea farms of Kula and discover the unique flora and fauna native to Maui
- Lean about black coral at the Maui Coral Factory
- Professionally narrated tour
- Free port pickup and drop-off
- Covered by Viator's worry-free policy: guaranteed on-time return to your ship
Visit the small town of Makawao, home to the paniolo (Hawaiian cowboys) and a lively art community, and discover the cacti and rare silver swords that grow to the crest of Haleakala. Continue ascending into Upcountry Maui, where you’ll see ranches, rare flora and fauna, and farms with phenomenal views.
You’ll arrive at Haleakala Crater, the "House of the Sun." The dormant volcano last released its fury in 1790. More than 200 years later, the land surrounding the lava flow is still barren. Haleakala is more than 10,000 feet (3,000 meters) high, is the highest point in Maui and provides spectacular views. The crater is 3,000 feet (915 meters) deep, 7.5 miles (12 km) long, 2.5 miles (4 km) wide and 22 miles (35 km) in circumference. In other words, it’s quite large! Walk around the cinder cones and sit in awe of the inspiring views.
Worry-free Shore Excursion:
We will ensure your timely return back to the ship in Lahaina Pier for this activity. If your ship is delayed and you are unable attend this activity, your money will be refunded. See our terms and conditions for full details.