- Maui shore excursion from Lahaina to the Iao Valley and Maui Tropical Plantation
- Visit the lush Iao Valley and enjoy the beautiful panoramic views
- Discover the fascinating history of Iao Valley
- Tour Maui Tropical Plantation and learn about the history of the native crops
- Sample fresh, local and hand-picked Hawaiian fruits
- Explore Hawaii's rich undersea world at the Maui Ocean Center
- Free port pickup and drop-off
- Covered by Viator's worry-free policy: guaranteed on-time return to your ship
Save over 50% on the recommended retail rate - book now!
What You Can Expect
In 1790, King Kamehameha conquered Maui at Iao Valley to unite the Hawaiian Islands, and changed the course of Hawaiian history. Amble around Iao Valley State Park and view the exhibits at the Hawaii Nature Center. The 2,250-foot (685-meter) Iao Needle looks over Iao Stream, and the steep cliffs of the West Maui Mountains afford scenic views.
Next, discover the rich Hawaiian agricultural history at the Maui Tropical Plantation. You'll learn about Hawaii's 14 most-popular flower and food crops, such as papaya, guava, mango, taro, macadamia nuts and coffee. See a coconut-husking demonstration, feast on the delicious fresh fruits and capture the pastoral beauty of Maui.
Choose to extend your shore excursion at the Maui Ocean Center, where you’ll get a glimpse into Hawaii’s vibrant marine life. See amazing live coral displays, get up close with Hawaii’s beloved green sea turtles, and view the sharks, stingrays and thousands of species of tropical fish! Professional naturalists will be at your side to provide commentary of the marine life of the Hawaiian Islands.
Worry-free Shore Excursion:
We will ensure your timely return to the Lahaina Pier for this activity. If your ship is delayed and you are unable attend this activity, your money will be refunded. See our terms and conditions for full details.