- Underwater adventure in an Atlantis Submarine
- 45-minute submarine experience
- View the underwater reef and marine creatures
- Seasonal whale watching and wildlife spotting
- Great photo opportunities
- Return shuttle cruise to the submarine dive site
- Choice of morning and afternoon departure times
- Professional narration available in English and Japanese
Recent Photos of this Tour
What You Can Expect
To enhance your submarine experience, and help improve the marine environment, an artificial reef was created in December 2005. An aged replica of a 19th-century supply vessel was anchored to the sandy sea floor in an area that was devoid of coral reef. The resulting artificial reef is developing into a self-sustaining habitat for indigenous fish, coral and other marine life.
From December through May, you may enjoy whale watching during the ship-to-shore journey to your Maui submarine as humpback whales make their annual migration through the warm Pacific waters.
This is a wonderful way to view the sea life around a reef without having to snorkel or scuba dive. There is no need to spend money on an additional whale watch as plenty of whales can be seen on the way to the sub during the winter months. We even saw a mother and baby! The Atlantis Submarine has a wonderful safety record for those worried about such things. We enjoyed the trip out to the submarine and had wonderful views out of the port holes of sea life with a knowledgeable lecture to accompany it. The wrecked ship is also interesting to view. It was one of our top experiences while in Hawaii.
Fantastic! Great crew....trip was fun and educational. Would recommend for all ages.