- Small-group, 9-hour luxury Road to Hana tour
- Travel in complete comfort in a deluxe limo-van with no more than eight people
- Visit all of the main sights on the Road to Hana including the Hana Tropical Gardens and nursery, Kaumahina State Park and the village of Ke'anae
- Enjoy ample free time to swim, sunbathe and relax in tropical paradise
- Dine on a delicious Pacific Rim lunch and a light breakfast
- Learn about Hawaiian culture and history from your professional guide
- Hotel pickup and drop-off included
Recent Photos of This Tour
What You Can Expect
Your day begins with complimentary pickup from your hotel in Maui and a light morning snack in Pa’ia to fuel up for your paradise adventure. Then, embark on your journey along the Road to Hana, where photo opportunities abound. You’ll make several stops along this spectacular coastal drive including Kaumahina State Park, offering splendid views of rugged lava sea cliffs; Ke’anae, a quaint Hawaiian village with peaceful taro fields; and Waikani Falls, glistening with fresh mountain rainwater.
The scenic road leads, of course, to Hana. The village of Hana is isolated from the rest of the island and is known for being the last undeveloped tropical paradise on Maui. Explore the village and stop at the Hana Tropical Gardens and nursery for an exclusive tour (included) and learn about the native Hawaiian people, their culture and land.
After traveling through a scenic tropical rain forest, delight in a delectable Pacific Rim lunch served on linen tablecloths -- not your average deli-style lunch! Your lunch will include grilled chicken, fresh ono and much more (see the Itinerary section for a sample menu). Following lunch, you'll have plenty of time to stroll, swim, sunbathe or just relax and enjoy the tropical paradise.
The return from Hana will be at a ‘Maui-style’ pace -- leisurely with plenty of stops. Bring your bathing suit and a towel to capture a lifetime of memories of swimming in a crystal- clear, freshwater pool under a cascading waterfall. In addition, the afternoon return journey will take you to Ho’okipa, giving you a glance at Maui’s world-class windsurfers. Arrive back at your Maui hotel in the early evening.
- Grilled herb-marinated chicken breast
- Kula mixed organic greens
- Roasted corn and black bean relish
- Buttermilk ranch dressing and a roasted garlic tortilla
- Kula organic greens
- Black olive and caper relish
- Wasabi aioli spread and a sundried tomato tortilla
- Fresh garden vegetable pasta salad with basil pesto vinaigrette
- Chilled Maui Gold pineapple
- Triple-chocolate fudge brownie with toasted Hamakua-grown macadamia nuts
- Lettuce wraps filled with veggies
- Roasted corn and black bean relish with a Maui herb and garlic vinaigrette dipping sauce
Upgrade to the Hana Ultimate option which includes run-of-the-menu breakfast at a local cafe in Paia and a luncheon served at the Travaasa Hana Hotel.
- Mambo Omelette: 3 egg omelette filled with bacon, sausage and cheddar cheese. Served with focaccia toast.
- Classic Pancakes: 2 pancakes served with syrup and butter.
- Mambo Fruit Bowl: fresh sliced fruit, yogurt and granola.
- Plantation Breakfast: 2 eggs, bacon, sausage, black beans and homefries
- Breakfast Burrito: bacon, scrambled eggs, black beans, rice and cheese.
- Breakfast Quesadilla: ham, scrambled eggs and cheese.
Luncheon Menu (Includes one appetizer, one main course and dessert):
- Ahi Poke Tini: Local Ahi, Scallions, Roasted Kukui Nut, Alae Salt, Wakame Seaweed, Nahiku Chilies, Aloha Shoyu
- House Guacamole: Local avocado, Red Onion, Sweet Potato Chips
- Kula Baby Romaine: Caesar dressing, Croutons and Parmesan cheese
- Gourmet Free Range Burger: Grilled House Made Free Range Burger, Haiku Tomato, Thinly Sliced Red Onion, Local Lettuce, Hand Cut Fries.
- Grilled Chicken Club: Honey Buttermilk Bread, Haiku Tomato, Local Lettuce, Old Smoke House Bacon, Hana Avocado, Cilantro Aioli, Sweet Potato Chips.
- Grilled Vegetable Pita: Roasted Sweet Peppers, Zucchini, Japanese Eggplant, Kawari Sprouts, Local Avocado, Spicy Chipotle Mayonnaise.
- Ka'uiki Spiced Fish Taco: Shredded Jack Cheddar, Heirloom Tomato, Avocado, Napa Cabbage, Sour Orange Aioli, Sweet Potato Chips.
- Ice Cream Sundae
Wonderful! Breathtaking views! Rained a little but didn't spoil a thing.
It was an early pick up but it was worth it! We had a wonderful tour! The van was very comfortable and got to know our fellow tourists. Right after the hotel pick up, we ate breakfast at Cafe Mambo. The Quinoa Bowl was the best! For lunch, we ate at Hana Hotel. The tour itself was very long yet pleasant. Though, I did not expect that Hana Road is full of zig zags! On the other hand, the scenic views were spectacular! We saw some black beaches, forests, waterfalls, and yummy fruits! I've posted some photos for everyone to look at!
It was very pleasant. Nice to have someone who knows the road to Hana driving so that the passengers can spend their time looking at the scenery. There was only one other couple in the van with us. The driver was knew his Hawaiian history and was most informative. The picnic lunch was great for the occasion.
We had a wonderful time from start to finish. Our tour guide was great, full of information and did all that we wanted. We were the only 4 on the tour so it was made very personable and customer to our wants , needs and interests. The restaurants for breakfast and lunch were wonderful. food was delicious. Couldn't have asked for a better experience.
Our tour guide was phenomenal----a walking encyclopedia of information on Hawaii ---it's history, peoples, changing landscapes, businesses, local attractions and economics.
Awesome day trip. Z was a terrific tour guide, very knowledgeable and great driver. Bring a bathing suit and towel for a little swimming. Leave the driving to your guide it is well worth it!
Tour was great. Helicopter back was wonderful and we got to see everything from above. Our driver was very good....lots of info and went at a nice pace. Enjoyed the beaches and flower farm.
The only way to do this tour--the luxury version! Small van means more opportunities to see things, excellent food options! Perfect!!
This is a small group tour, only 8 fit into a luxury small van. We lucked out our family of 4 were the only people on the van - so a private tour! Great driver, the only way to see the road to Hana. If you are the only people in the car the tour can be a bit customized for you -- which is a real treat. They hit all the high points and a few hidden gems. Includes a light breakfast and a great lunch with really good, organic food - picnic style in a beautiful bay near the water. What more could you ask for!!