Your Hawaiian luau takes place in the lively city of Lahaina on Maui’s northwestern coast. When you arrive, you’ll receive a traditional Hawaiian greeting – a fresh-flower lei and a mai tai!
You’ll then be seated to enjoy your favorite tropical drinks, cocktails and wine from the open bar while soaking up the wonderful atmosphere. Your luau celebration is set on the beach just off of Lahaina’s main strip, so you get an amazing view of the wide-open Pacific.
Indulge in a feast of traditional Polynesian cuisine such as roasted kalua pig (see sample menu below). Created by award-winning chefs using the fresh bounty of the islands, the buffet dinner menu items represent each of the four Pacific Island nations.
A dramatic Maui sunset signals the start of the night's entertainment, which celebrates the uplifting pageantry of the South Pacific. Each course is accompanied by dramatic Polynesian music and dances from traditional cultures throughout Hawaii, Tahiti, Aotearoa (the Maori name for New Zealand) and Samoa.
You’ll be delighted by the lively music, colorful costumes and spellbinding dances of the performers, who combine modern interpretations of the traditional song, dance and cuisine of the four Pacific Island nations. With all the rich culture, beautiful scenery, and great food and drinks, this is one Hawaiian experience you won't want to pass up!
Appetizer: Traditional Polynesian Staples
- Banana, taro and sweet potato chips served with a tropical ginger and seaweed salsa
First Course: Hawaii
- Imu-roasted kalua pig, pohole ferns and heart of palm salad
- Fresh island fish with mango sauce and poi (mash of corn or taro)
Second Course: Aotearoa (New Zealand)
- Sea bean duck salad with poha berry dressing
- Kuku patties (Maori fishcake with mussels, salmon and scallops, roasted mushrooms, sweet potato and garlic)
Third Course: Tahiti
- Fafa-steamed chicken and taro leaf in coconut milk
- Lemongrass and ginger e-iaota (raw fish)
- Scallops on the shell
- Baked scallops
Fourth Course: Samoa
- Pulehu beef
- Palusami breadfruit with taro leaf and coconut cream
- Shrimp and avocado with lilikoi (tropical fruit)
- Caramel macadamia nut tart topped with fruited coconut pudding
- Hawaiian chocolate truffles
- Exotic fruits