- Horseback trail ride and blue agave mezcal tasting outside of Mazatlán
- Receive horseback-riding tips from your expert guide before setting out on the trail
- Ride through the Sierra Madre foothills to spot native plants and animals
- Learn about modern and traditional mezcal-making techniques at Los Osuna Blue Agave Distillery
- Sample different blue agave mezcals at a tree-shaded outdoor bar on the grounds of the historic Osuna family ranch
- Great for beginners and experienced horseback riders, all equipment provided
- Small-group tour limited to 6 people ensures you'll receive personalized attention from your guide.
What You Can Expect
Once you are saddled up, head out on backcountry trails across rivers and through semi-tropical landscape where you can learn about the birds, butterflies and plant life of the area. You may also have the chance to see other native animals such as wild hogs, armadillos and Gila monsters (large lizards). Trot at a gait that’s comfortable for you and ask your guide for any assistance you need along the way. The knowledgeable guides and well-trained horses ensure that your small group enjoys a safe ride.
After the beautiful ride, follow your guide to the mezcal factory, operated by the Osuna family for more than a century! From the cultivation of the spiky blue agave plants to the harvest of the large bulbs, you’ll learn how the mezcal-making process at the Osuna estate has evolved since 1876. Watch the enormous blue agave bulbs roast in underground brick ovens, along with other modern production methods in the factory. Once you finish walking through the facilities, sit under the shade of tall trees and sample fine mezcals at a bar outside the old ranch buildings. Before you leave, buy some bottles to bring home with you!
After your day of horseback riding and blue agave mezcal tasting, your guide returns you to your hotel in Mazatlán.