- 3-day Great Ocean Road and Grampians National Park tour from Melbourne
- See the infamous surf spot of Bells Beach
- Visit the coastal towns of Lorne and Apollo Bay
- Drive along the coastal Great Ocean Road and see the 12 Apostles
- Bird and wildlife spotting
- See the dramatic landscape of Grampians National Park on a guided scenic walk
- Overnight stays at 13th Apostle and Asses Ears Wilderness Retreat
Recent Photos of This Tour
What You Can Expect
Day 1: Melbourne to Cape Otway (L,D)
Depart from Melbourne and travel along the Great Ocean Road to Cape Otway. Visit the famed Bells Beach, a landmark on the international pro-surfing tour, and watch the surfers carve up the waves. Stop at the lovely coastal towns of Lorne and Apollo Bay before arriving at Australia’s oldest lighthouse on the southernmost point of Cape Otway.
Accommodation:13th Apostle Hostel
Day 2: Cape Otway to the Grampians (B,L,D)
Today, continue along the Great Ocean Road and see the Shipwreck Coast, where more than 50 ships met their peril against the rugged coastline in the 19th and early 20th centuries. The most famous was the wreck of Loch Ard, when only two out of 54 people survived and for which the Loch Ard Gorge is named. See the majestic 12 Apostles, a group of limestone rocks formed by the natural elements that jut straight up out of the water. Then discover the sleeping volcano of Tower Hill, now a wildlife sanctuary, before arriving at the foothills of the Grampians.
Accommodation: Asses Ears Wilderness Retreat
Day 3: The Grampians to Melbourne (B,L)
Explore the Grampians on a guided scenic nature walk; cool off at MacKenzie Falls and see panoramic views of the park from Reeds Lookout and the Balconies. See birdlife and native animals roam free and discover the history and culture of the indigenous people and admire their rock art that dates back thousands of years. Pass through the historic gold mining town of Ballarat as your tour returns to Melbourne.
- Good shoes/boots for walking
- Appropriate clothing for warm and cold conditions
- Sunscreen and hat
- Swimsuit and towel