- 7-hour sightseeing tour of Melbourne with Yarra River cruise, coach tour and historic tram ride with dinner
- See historic ships, renovated wharves and learn about the city's maritime history during the Yarra River cruise
- Visit Kings Domain to walk around the Royal Botanic Gardens and Shrine Of Remembrance
- Stop for great photo ops of the bathing boxes at Brighton beach and many other sights
- See famous sports venues and national monuments
- Discover shopping districts in fashionable suburbs like St Kilda, Prahran and Elwood
- Includes a gourmet box lunch during the river cruise and a 3-course dinner on the Colonial Tramcar Restaurant tour
What You Can Expect
Sail by the South Wharf precinct and admire the Polly Woodside, a 3-masted tall ship that was built in Belfast in 1885. Nibble on a gourmet box lunch (see sample menu under Itinerary below) and snap photos of picturesque parks, sporting arenas and more as your onboard guide shares stories about the city’s rich maritime history.
When you return to shore, board a comfortable air-conditioned coach for a 3.5-hour city sightseeing tour with live commentary. Begin at two sites loved by sports fans: Melbourne Cricket Ground and the National Tennis Centre in Melbourne Park.
Continue to Kings Domain, a large park which contains the Royal Botanic Gardens and other attractions. Have time to take a stroll around the lake or purchase Devonshire tea before continuing to the nearby Shrine of Remembrance, a memorial to people who perished in the First World War.
Next, drive past the Arts Centre Melbourne, the Docklands and Etihad Stadium. On Bolte Bridge, keep your camera handy for excellent views of the Port of Melbourne and city skyline.
Top off your Melbourne tour at the popular Colonial Tramcar Restaurant, a top-rated restaurant-on-wheels located on a historic tramcar. You are welcomed aboard by the maitre d’ and shown to your table for a delicious 3-course dinner served by a professional staff. Savor a delicious meal that features fresh produce and other local ingredients accompanied by a range of beverages from a fully stocked bar (sample menu under Itinerary).
Surrounded by old-world ambiance, you'll dine in style while your tram rolls through South Melbourne, St Kilda, Prahran and Malvern. One-way windows provide privacy and modern amenities ensure a comfortable trip.
Your comprehensive 7-hour tour of Melbourne concludes in the early evening at the end of your tramcar journey.
- Focaccia with roast beef, mozzarella, tomato, avocado and basil pesto
- Chapati wrap with tandoori chicken, red onion, baby spinach and seasonal vegetables
- Focaccia with eggplant, zucchini, roasted pacific red capsicum, pumpkin, basil pesto
Appetizer (choose one):
- Chicken liver and cognac pate crowned with pink peppercorns
- Roasted red capsicum dip served with assorted crisp bread
- Grilled chicken fillet served on a Mediterranean vegetable risotto with pesto, shaved parmesan and a roasted tomato sauce
- Victoria-farmed eye fillet of beef resting on a potato and herb rosti, with seasonal vegetables, onion marmalade and rich beef jus
- Warm sticky date pudding topped with butterscotch sauce served with cream
- Vanilla bean panna cotta with crumbled pistachio and sweet cherry syrup
- Wines: select Victorian red and white wines
- Bar: beer, whiskey, brandy, gin, vodka, Bacardi rum and dry vermouth
- Liqueurs: port, cognac, Drambuie, DOM Benedictine, Cointreau and Tia Maria
- Coffee and tea
The boat tour was interesting. Our bus driver Russell did a fantastic bus tour of the city. The tour bus was small which was nice and we got off at a few stops to stretch our legs and check out the city. The best part was the tram car dinner. Fabulous food in a very funky refurbished tramcar with great staff chef Joe and his crew and an open bar!!
Another must do experience. Tour interesting but difficult to hear the commentary on the river cruise. The speakers seems too weak for the loud engine noise. Packed lunch very tasty and filling. The tramcar experience was the highlight with excellent food and service throughout.
Superb day out for all and the meal on the tramcar was limited (due to space) But the food on the tramcar was out of this world - Really good day for everyone
We enjoyed a wonderful day and our thanks are due once again to the Viator team. The Colonial Tramcar experience was truly memorable, the coach tour of the Dandenongs very relaxing and made so by a courteous and knowledgeable driver.
The river trip was slightly marred by the sound system on the boat which made the droll but very entertaining commentary by the skipper difficult to hear. We look forward to our next Viator experience wherever that may be.
This was our favourite trip, it mixed a boat cruise, city highlight tour, mountain trip and rounded it off with a lovely dinner aboard the tram. A lovely day out for all!
P M H