- 7-hour sightseeing tour of Melbourne with Yarra River cruise, coach tour and historic tram ride with dinner
- See historic ships, renovated wharves and learn about the city's maritime history during the Yarra River cruise
- Visit Kings Domain to walk around the Royal Botanic Gardens and Shrine Of Remembrance
- Stop for great photo ops of the bathing boxes at Brighton beach and many other sights
- See famous sports venues and national monuments
- Discover shopping districts in fashionable suburbs like St Kilda, Prahran and Elwood
- Includes a gourmet box lunch during the river cruise and a 3-course dinner on the Colonial Tramcar Restaurant tour
What You Can Expect
At the end of your cruise, hop aboard an air-conditioned coach for an informative, 3.5-hour sightseeing tour of Melbourne’s urban highlights. Your driver will provide commentary as you drive by attractions like the Melbourne Cricket Ground, the National Tennis Centre, the Shrine of Remembrance, Arts Centre Melbourne and Docklands.
Stretch your legs at Kings Domain, home of the Royal Botanic Gardens. Stroll through the lovely park and refresh with Devonshire tea if you like (own expense).
- Focaccia with roast beef, mozzarella, tomato, avocado and basil pesto
- Chapati wrap with tandoori chicken, red onion, baby spinach and seasonal vegetables
- Focaccia with eggplant, zucchini, roasted pacific red capsicum, pumpkin, basil pesto
Appetizer (choose one):
- Chicken liver and cognac pate crowned with pink peppercorns
- Roasted red capsicum dip served with assorted crisp bread
- Grilled chicken fillet served on a Mediterranean vegetable risotto with pesto, shaved parmesan and a roasted tomato sauce
- Victoria-farmed eye fillet of beef resting on a potato and herb rosti, with seasonal vegetables, onion marmalade and rich beef jus
- Warm sticky date pudding topped with butterscotch sauce served with cream
- Vanilla bean panna cotta with crumbled pistachio and sweet cherry syrup
- Wines: select Victorian red and white wines
- Bar: beer, whiskey, brandy, gin, vodka, Bacardi rum and dry vermouth
- Liqueurs: port, cognac, Drambuie, DOM Benedictine, Cointreau and Tia Maria
- Coffee and tea
The boat tour was interesting. Our bus driver Russell did a fantastic bus tour of the city. The tour bus was small which was nice and we got off at a few stops to stretch our legs and check out the city. The best part was the tram car dinner. Fabulous food in a very funky refurbished tramcar with great staff chef Joe and his crew and an open bar!!
Another must do experience. Tour interesting but difficult to hear the commentary on the river cruise. The speakers seems too weak for the loud engine noise. Packed lunch very tasty and filling. The tramcar experience was the highlight with excellent food and service throughout.
Superb day out for all and the meal on the tramcar was limited (due to space) But the food on the tramcar was out of this world - Really good day for everyone
We enjoyed a wonderful day and our thanks are due once again to the Viator team. The Colonial Tramcar experience was truly memorable, the coach tour of the Dandenongs very relaxing and made so by a courteous and knowledgeable driver.
The river trip was slightly marred by the sound system on the boat which made the droll but very entertaining commentary by the skipper difficult to hear. We look forward to our next Viator experience wherever that may be.
This was our favourite trip, it mixed a boat cruise, city highlight tour, mountain trip and rounded it off with a lovely dinner aboard the tram. A lovely day out for all!
Steven P Australia
P M H USA