- Great Ocean Road day tour by coach
- Photograph the scenery on the drive from Melbourne to Geelong and along Victoria’s rugged coast
- Hear tragic tales at Loch Ard Gorge on the Shipwreck Coast
- Visit the Twelve Apostles and the seaside town of Port Campbell
- Listen to a commentary provided by your friendly, expert tour guide
- Don’t miss one of the world's great coastal road trips!
Recent Photos of This Tour
- Great Ocean RoadPhoto by: Anonymous
- Very good tour that cannot be ...Photo by: Irene C
- The Spectacular Twelve ...Photo by: Devi S
- Visit Loch Ard Gorge, ...Photo by: Devi S
- Port Campbell National ParkPhoto by: Devi S
- The Great Ocean RoadPhoto by: lindsaceto
- Great Ocean Road Day Trip ...Photo by: Brett S
- The 12 Apostles. Absolutely ...Photo by: K S HARRATT H
- great sceneryPhoto by: Harvinder S
- Perfect DayPhoto by: Gary B
- Entrance to Great Open RoadPhoto by: Gary B
- lunchPhoto by: Sally C
Australia, 11 2014
- london bridgePhoto by: Sally C
Australia, 11 2014
- I'm lostPhoto by: Sally C
Australia, 11 2014
- The coachPhoto by: Sally C
Australia, 11 2014
- BeautifulPhoto by: Ashish G
- On the Great Ocean Road.Photo by: Karin K
- Steps up and down to beach ...Photo by: Lorraine W
New Zealand, 04 2014
- LoSt ^^`Photo by: Rhiza F
- Cutie KoalaPhoto by: Mikimoo
What You Can Expect
Relax on the drive as the winding Great Ocean Road hugs the coast, running beside a string of surf beaches to reach the seaside holiday resort of Apollo Bay.
After lunch (own expense), continue your journey along the legendary Great Ocean Road to the limestone rock formations known as the Twelve Apostles. Once joined to the coast, see how the rocks have been eroded over millions of years into the craggy pillars you see today. Go for a stroll along the cliff top or follow winding beach trails at this beautiful wild and windy spot.
At Loch Ard Gorge, hear how this dramatic landscape has a tragic side, as you listen to the tale of the British ship Loch Ard that ran aground near Muttonbird Island in 1878. The two sole survivors came ashore at sheltered Loch Ard Gorge, where you can read the plaques describing why this stretch of shoreline is known as the Shipwreck Coast.
Your last stop on the Great Ocean Road is the seaside village of Port Campbell, sheltered by the surrounding cliffs and Norfolk pines. Browse the boutiques and galleries, or stop for afternoon tea (own expense) at one of the town's many cafes.
Relax on the return trip to Melbourne, returning to the city at around 7:30pm.
7:10am Adara East Apartments
7:25am Adina Grand Apartments
7:10am Atlantis Hotel
6:50am Bayside Eden
6:50am Bayview on the Park
6:50am Como Hotel
7:20am Crown Metropol
7:15am Crown Promenade
7:20am Crown Towers
7:25am Crowne Plaza
7:05am Downtowner on Lygon
7:00am Hilton Southwharf
7:20am Holiday Inn Flinders
7:25am Hotel Sofia
7:30am Ibis Hotel Therry Street
7:25am Ibis Styles Kingsgate Hotel
7:35am Intercontinental Hotel The Rialto
7:25am Kings Street Backpackers
7:10am Langham Hotel
7:10am Magnolia Court
7:05am Mantra on Jolimont
7:35am Mantra on Russell
7:20am Mantra on the Park
7:30am Marriott Hotel
7:15am Melbourne Short Stay Apartments
7:30am Mercure Grand on Swanston
6:55am Mercure Pullman Albert Park
7:15am Mercure Treasury Gardens
7:30am Mercure Welcome Hotel
7:10am Miami Hotel
6:40am Novotel Bayside
7:30am Novotel Collins
7:20am Oaks on Market
7:25am Park Hyatt
7:15am Pullman on the Park
7:15am Radisson Flagstaff
7:40am Rendezvous Hotel
7:00am Rydges Carlton
7:20am Rydges Melbourne
7:00am Seasons Botanical
7:15am Sofitel Hotel
7:25am Stamford Plaza
7:05am Travelodge Docklands
7:05am Travel Inn Carlton
7:15am Vibe Savoy
7:10am Westin Hotel
7:15am Windsor Hotel
Great tour. Very well planned. Visited lots of stunning spots. The guide was very knowledgeable and nice. Highly recommended to those visiting Melbourne
The highlight of my trip! It is a full day trip from Melbourne, but well worth it. If you do the optional helicopter ride, there is a good discount for being on the bus tour. I did this, and you get to see the Twelve Apostles from a different point of view. On the bus, our driver/guide provided an interesting commentary, so we learned a lot about the area in addition to enjoying the beautiful scenery.
Really liked this tour. Leave the driving t the pros. Driver was very personable and gave out a lot of information about the country, people, history, etc. Due to no fault of the tour company the lunch we signed up for was not available hotel undergoing renovations. After some missteps by Viator we received the refund for lunch.
Wonderful experience - well informed narration - Pat
Good trip, but take a jumper as the exposed coast can be very windy. Ange was a wonder driver, with some Aussie jokes thrown in the trip.
Excellent tour. Colin was a great tour guide, fun, friendly and informative. The trip covered a lot of sites and scenes. The highlight was an optional helicopter ride over the 12 apostles. I highly recommend this tour
Great tour. Enjoyed every minute of it. The only problem was that It lasted almost 12 hours and we came to the hotel rather late. However, the tour was worth the time spent.
Amazing Journey, a bit of a long drive, but our driver Adrian was absolutely amazing and full of information and facts about everything. Thank you so much Adrian for making our trip so memorable. I would recommend the helicopter ride at the 12 apostle if it is a clear day.
Fantastic, very well organisation.