- Tour to Healesville Sanctuary and Puffing Billy Stream Train from Port Melbourne
- Get close to Australian wildlife including kangaroos, koalas and emus at Healesville Sanctuary
- Check out a spectacular Bird of Prey flight show and the World of the Platypus exhibits among many at the wildlife sanctuary
- Enjoy a typical Australian barbecue lunch on this small-group tour limited to 24 people
- Ride the century old steam train, the Puffing Billy, through the heart of the rainforest
- Covered by Viator’s worry-free policy: guaranteed on-time return to your ship
What You Can Expect
First you’ll visit the Healesville Sanctuary, one of the best places in Victoria to see and interact with native Australian wildlife. You’ll walk with your guide through a stunning bushland setting where you can see wombats, birds of prey, platypus, wallabies and other amazing animals that are native to Australia. Hear about the Sanctuary’s efforts to fight wildlife extinction and commitment to treating more than 2,000 sick and injured native animals each year.
After seeing the animals, take a break for a typical Aussie barbecue lunch of locally sourced sausages served with a variety of toppings. Once you have enjoyed the food and hospitality, you’ll reboard your coach and head to the Puffing Billy Steam Train in Belgrave.
Climb aboard the century-old steam train, maintained in mint condition by dedicated volunteers. The Puffing Billy still runs on its own mountain track between Belgrave and Gembrook, through the heart of the rainforest. Travel back in time as you chug through the gorgeous Sherbrooke Forest and over the old Trestle Bridge, waving at friendly bystanders as you go.
In the late afternoon you’ll be returned to your ship in Melbourne to end your tour.
Worry-free Shore Excursion:
We will ensure your timely return to the Melbourne port for this activity. In the rare event your ship has departed, we will arrange for transportation to the next port-of call. If your ship is delayed and you are unable to attend this activity, your money will be refunded. See our terms and conditions for full details.
Long drive to sanctuary but enjoyed that very much. Claire gave us a great tour around since she had worked there before. Steam train was nice as well.
had problem with communications as where the pickup point was located. Tour and guide were great and we would do it again. Jim and Karen