Children 15 years and under receive free entry on Saturdays and Sundays
- Admission to Melbourne Zoo, conveniently located close to Melbourne's city center
- Get close views of animals from more than 320 species around the world
- Encounter Australian wildlife including koalas, kangaroos, wombats and penguins
- Watch the antics of ring-tailed lemurs in the Lemur Island exhibit
- See Asian elephants and learn about efforts to preserve the elephants in their native habitats
- Discover kid zones with interactive exhibits specially designed for youngsters
What You Can Expect
In the zoo’s new walk-though Lemur Island exhibit, you can watch charismatic ring-tailed lemurs scrambling about. Then head next door to the Gorilla Rainforest: home to gorillas, pygmy hippopotamus, and tree-dwelling apes and monkeys. At Baboon Lookout, watch the baboons play, groom one another, and search for food on their grassland savannah.
Want to see what it takes to work at a zoo? The Keeper Kids play space will show you the ropes! Little kids will also love the Growing Wild interactive exhibit where they can patrol like a meerkat, burrow through tunnels, and climb into giant tortoise shells.
When you have worked up an appetite, have your choice of several restaurants (own expense) where you can snack on a meal and relax.
The recipients of the gift had no problem in gaining entry into the zoo. All seem to work well.
I was so excited to go to Melbourne Zoo and see all the amazing animal :)
This tour was amazing!
awesome experience for anyone to see Kangoos and Koalas and so many other animals too! except for the Reptiles section (i dont like them!). friendly and helpful people all around the zoo.
We had a fantastic time at Melbourne zoo, the animals were fascinating and my fiancé took many many photos of them. We added penguin feeding to our trip, an extra expense but well worth it!
Nice place to bring kids to learn about animals!
This was a great day out. Plenty of animals. Would highly recommend a visit.
It was a good sunny morning to enjoy a walk in the zoo. The park offers close viewing of the animals on the glass panel. We love the hippos, the monkeys, giraffe and birds.However, we are sad to say that some animals such as quokka were not there.
Ok for a day out