- Mornington Peninsula and Strawberry Farm day trip from Melbourne
- See the homes of Melbourne's rich and famous in Portsea and visit its stunning back beach
- Enjoy a leisurely lunch (at own expense) in the picturesque seaside town of Sorrento, featuring some of the region's best eats
- Visit the historic town of Flinders and get panoramic views of Bass Strait and the coast from its vista point
- Pick strawberries at Sunnyridge Strawberry Farm or try their locally made desserts and other gourmet food items
- Snap photos of Port Philip Bay from Arthur's Seat lookout
Recent Photos of This Tour
What You Can Expect
Located on a thin strip of land near the tip of the peninsula, Portsea has the calm waters of Port Phillip on one side and the rugged surf beaches of Bass Strait on the other. It has become one of the most exclusive places in Melbourne to live, and you’ll pass the seaside mansions of the rich and famous on your way to Portsea’s back beach. You’ll have time for a short walk and photo ops on the beach.
From Portsea, you’ll drive to Sorrento, reaching the elegant and historic town in time for lunch; Sorrento features some of the best restaurants and cafes on the peninsula. You’ll have time to enjoy your meal (own expense) and take in the lively ambiance of main street with its limestone buildings, boutiques, art galleries and antique shops.
After lunching in Sorrento, you’ll reboard your coach and head to Flinders, a small town that has retained its historic charm. You’ll visit the lookout where you’ll get panoramic views of Bass Strait.
Next you’ll venture inland to Sunnyridge Strawberry farm, Australia's largest strawberry producer. You can choose to pick fresh strawberries to take home, visit the gift shop where you can find locally made jam, honey, cider, wine and pottery, or grab a coffee and dessert at the cafe (own expense).
After refueling on the farm, you’ll drive to Arthur's Seat, the highest point on the peninsula, with sweeping views over Port Phillip Bay. Stretch your legs and snap some pics before returning to Melbourne.
This tour is by far one of the best tours I have ever done! If you are visiting Melbourne for the first time and want to get out of the city for the day, I would highly recommend you do this.
Our tour guide/bus driver was very informative and really let us take in and enjoy each stop. Mornington was absolutely beautiful and a very peaceful place.
The strawberry picking was the fun part for me and they tasted delicious!