- Visit the picturesque seaside resort of Sorrento
- Take a guided tour of the magnificent rose maze and lavender gardens
- Witness and learn the extraction process of lavender oil
- Handpick strawberries at Sunnyridge Strawberry Farm - Australia's largest strawberry producer
- Enjoy a horseback ride through the vineyards (if option selected)
- Unwind with soak in the natural Peninsula Hot Springs pools (if option selected)
- Take the ferry across Port Phillip Bay to the historic town of Queenscliff (if option selected)
- Visit two local wineries and taste some of Mornington's finest wines (if option selected)
- Informative and friendly guide
What You Can Expect
The first stop is the seaside resort of Sorrento, where you will have 4 hours to do as you choose! Go for a swim at the beach or discover the numerous boutique shops, galleries and cafes. Or, choose to upgrade your Mornington Peninsula experience with one of the following tours.
Take a ferry journey across the bay from Sorrento to Queenscliff and explore the charming and historic seaside town, with its elegant Victorian-era hotels, solid old churches and quaint fishermen's cottages. This option includes round-trip ferry ticket and snack on board.
Relax and unwind with a soak in the natural hot spring pools. The naturally hot mineral spring water flows from an underground aquifer deep below the surface and runs untouched direct from the source to the pools. Lunch is available at the Bath House Cafe (own expense)
Horse Riding and Hot Springs:
Enjoy a horseback ride through the picturesque vineyards and stop at a local winery for lunch and a wine tasting (included) Later, soothe your muscles as you relax in the natural hot spring pools.
Visit two local wineries and have the opportunity to taste wines and purchase if you wish, straight from the cellar door. This tour does not include Ashcombe Maze and Lavender Gardens.
In the afternoon, resume the touring program with a visit Ashcombe Maze and Lavender Gardens -- lose yourself in Australia's oldest traditional hedge maze, and learn about the healing properties of lavender. Then, wander through Sunnyridge Strawberry Farm and pick your own luscious strawberries (seasonal).