- Phillip Island Penguin Parade tour from Melbourne
- See koalas in their natural habitat at Maru Koala and Animal Park
- Visit the Nobbies rock formations, home to Australia's largest population of fur seals
- Watch the nightly Penguin Parade at Summerland Beach
- Enjoy the spectacle of cute little penguins waddling to their burrows from the sea
- Choice of three optional upgrades to enhance your experience of the Penguin Parade
Why Our Insiders Chose This Tour
See the distinctive and adorable animals that steal the heart of many a visitor to Australia. Take pictures of koalas, kangaroos, Tasmanian devils and the most adorable little penguins!
Recent Photos of This Tour
Koala EncounterPhoto by: James Fong
Canada, 08 2013
KoalaPhoto by: Erick G
AHHHHPhoto by: Christopher P
Koala Conservation Center, ...Photo by: Jason Z
USA, 01 2008
Little PenguinsPhoto by: Julie W
Penguin in the hidingPhoto by: iamagolfer
KoalaPhoto by: Michelle S
BeachPhoto by: Michelle S
Penguin TourPhoto by: Michelle S
KoalaPhoto by: Michelle S
KangarooPhoto by: Michelle S
Koala kissesPhoto by: Michelle S
KangarooPhoto by: ruby s
KoalaPhoto by: ruby s
Koala doing what koalas do!Photo by: Colin M C
Sleepy KoalaPhoto by: helene
KoalaPhoto by: helene
Feeding the Roo!!!Photo by: helene
koalaPhoto by: Stacy F
kangarooPhoto by: Stacy F
What You Can Expect
Your first stop is a wildlife encounter at Maru Koala and Animal Park, to interact with koalas, kangaroos, Tasmanian devils and other native Australian animals.
Continue to the beach resort of San Remo and cross the bridge to Phillip Island. Travel around the island's surf coast to admire the rock formations of the Nobbies, home to penguins, fur seals and sea birds.
Your next stop is the Penguin Parade at Summerland Beach, where you can visit the information center to learn more about the cute little penguins. Then take your seat to watch the nightly Penguin Parade as the little penguins come home to their burrows after a day spent fishing at sea. Watch as part of the world's largest colony of smallest penguin species leave the water and waddle up the beach to their homes.
Optional Penguin Parade upgrades:
Penguin Plus Viewing Platform
Watch the parade from an exclusive viewing platform next to the main route from the sea followed by the penguins. Limited to 150 people, the experience includes a free drink and small gift.
The Penguin Skybox
View the Penguin Parade from the exclusive vantage point of an elevated viewing tower located at the main viewing stands. Limited to just five people, the Skybox is warm and dry, and gives you the best view of the penguins' burrows on Summerland Beach. Interact with the ranger and join in the nightly penguin count, assisting in the ongoing research to help protect Phillip Island's little penguins. The Skybox experience includes canapes and non-alcoholic drinks.
Ultimate Penguin Tour
The ultimate penguin experience is limited to a maximum of 15 people. Visit a secluded beach location for a special guided tour that allows you to get even closer to the little penguins.
- Adina Grand Apartments: 12:40pm
- Atlantis Hotel: 12:25pm
- Bayview Eden: 12:05pm
- Bayview On The Park: 12:05pm
- Crown Metropol: 12:15pm
- Crown Promenade: 12:15pm
- Crown Towers: 12:15pm
- Crown Plaza Hotel: 12:20pm
- Dowtown On Lygon: 12:15pm
- Eastern Townhouse: 12:35pm
- Hilton On The Park: 12:40pm
- Hilton Southwharf: 12:20pm
- Holiday inn Flinders: 12:30pm
- Hotel Sophia:12:40pm
- Ibis Hotel Therry St: 12:15pm
- Ibis Styles Kingsgate Hotel: 12:35pm
- Intercontinental Hotel The Rialto: 12:25pm
- King St Backpackers: 12:40pm
- Langham Hotel: 12:15pm
- Magnolia Court: 12:35pm
- Mantra On Russell: 12:55pm
- Mantra On The Park: 12:30pm
- Marriott Hotel: 12:30pm
- Mecure Pullman Albert Park: 12:05pm
- Mecure Treasury Gardens: 12:40pm
- Miami Hotel: 12pm
- Novotel Bayside: 11:55am
- Novotel Collins: 12:45pm
- Oaks On Market: 12:45pm
- Park Hyatt: 12:35pm
- Radisson Flagstaff: 12:20pm
- Rendezvous Hotel: 12:50pm
- Rydges Carlton: 12:50pm
- Rydges Melbourne: 12:45pm
- Sofitel Hotel: 12:50pm
- Stamford Plaza: 12:50pm
- Travellodge Docklands: 11:45am
- Vibe Savoy: 12:30pm
- Windsor Hotel: 12:40pm
- YHA Metro (Queensberry): 12pm
It was awesome! A great end to a great holiday.
Had a fantastic time on the helicopter ride, spending time with the kangaroos and the koalas and nothing beats seeing the penguins.
Thank you to the Driver Guide and AAT KIng for a fantastic time.
Our coach driver Carey sp? took good care of us and was a great tour guide. I would recommend bringing a blanket or a warm windbreaker for when you're outside waiting for the penguins.