- Small-group full-day tour along the Great Ocean Road, from Melbourne
- Spot koalas and kangaroos in the wild at a nature reserve
- Visit the Twelve Apostles and Loch Ard Gorge in Port Campbell National Park
- See highlights such as Apollo Bay, Split Point Lighthouse and a eucalyptus forest
- Get great photo ops of remote beaches and rugged sea cliffs
- Hear informative onboard commentary from your driver-guide
- Small-group tour with a maximum of 12 people ensures a more customized experience
Why Our Insiders Chose This Tour
It's fascinating to glimpse how this stretch of Victoria's coast changes. For example, the rock formations at Twelve Apostles have been reduced in number from the original 12, transformed by the crashing sea, which continues to shape the landscape of the Great Ocean Road and Shipwreck Coast.
What You Can Expect
Visit highlights such as Split Point Lighthouse, a nature reserve and pristine beaches. Take a walk in a eucalyptus forest at the Conservation Ecology Centre to look for koalas, kangaroos and native birdlife in their natural habitat. Learn about the center’s conservation work that protects wildlife such as koalas and tiger quolls, the biggest remaining marsupial carnivore in mainland Australia. Stop in the pretty town of Apollo Bay to purchase lunch from one of the town’s excellent cafes and restaurants.
Top off your day by visiting the Twelve Apostles and Loch Ard Gorge, both located within Port Campbell National Park. Learn about the geology that shaped limestone rock formations such as the Twelve Apostles, and hear about the Shipwreck Coast and the sinking of the English ship Loch Ard in 1878.
Throughout the day, you'll have plenty of time for photo ops of rugged cliffs, churning waves and charming seaside towns along this scenic stretch of Victoria’s coast. Hear about the region from onboard commentary provided by your knowledgeable driver-guide, and keep an eye out for whales and dolphins offshore, and Australian native animals including kangaroos, koalas, echidnas and bandicoots. Your tour ends with hotel drop-off in the early evening.