- Morning Peninsula day trip from Melbourne
- Visit Point Nepean National Park on the tip of the Peninsula
- Take a 3-hour cruise on Port Phillip Bay to spot dolphins and seals
- See birdlife and marine life at Chinaman’s Hat and Popes Eye Marine Park
- Drive through the seaside town of Sorrento
- Learn about the native wildlife from your informative tour guide
- Small-group tour ensures a personalized experience with your guide
What You Can Expect
Then head to the upmarket resort town of Sorrento, and step aboard a purpose-built luxury vessel to take a three-hour dolphin-and seal-spotting tour on the bay, where wild bottlenose dolphins give birth off Point Nepean. There’s a good chance you’ll spot dolphins and Australian fur seals, along with a vast array of birdlife, as you cruise through the bay to the rocky outcrop known as Chinaman’s Hat and the surrounding Popes Eye Marine Park.
Have lunch on the boat (own expense) and enjoy afternoon tea (included), before traveling back to Melbourne in your comfortable mini-coach.
Note that this tour operates seasonally, from October 1 to April 30 only.
This tour was amazing!
My husband and I had a lovely day. I really enjoyed travelling to the Mornington Peninsula and seeing the old quarantine station. I enjoy the history surrounding such places. The trips to the other suburbs gave us a nice view of some beautiful parts of the country. The boat ride was nice. We were unable to see dolphins but that couldn't be helped. It was relaxing. The tour guide was experienced and friendly.
The booking of the trip was rather cumbersome as from the website we had to ring America then they in turn had to ring Melbourne. (We were staying in Melbourne) I would recommend you get rid of this agent and find some way to have your phone number on the website).