Sports lovers have a choice of a half- or full-day Australian Sports Tour, showcasing Melbourne as the Sports Capital of Australia. You'll visit Melbourne's famous sporting venues on your Australian Sports Tour and explore the history and excitement of Australian sports.
- Covers all of sports-mad Melbourne's iconic sporting arenas in one tour
- Behind-the-scenes view of Melbourne's famous MCG
- Tailor the tour to suit your time frame and sporting preferences
- Lunch at Etihad Stadium
- Option to extend into the afternoon with a choice of themed tours
- A unique city and lifestyle tour of Melbourne
Recent Photos of this Tour
You can choose the sports and time frame that suits you best on your Australian Sports Tour. Sit in the coach's box, see the media facilities, visit exclusive member areas, walk on the hallowed turf and smell the liniment in the change rooms.
The morning Melbourne Sports Tour includes:
- Flemington Racecourse, home of the Melbourne Cup, the horse race that stops the nation
- Commonwealth Games 2006 Village
- Drive around Melbourne's F1 Grand Prix racetrack at Albert Park
- Melbourne Sports and Aquatic Centre
- Behind-the-scenes visit to the Melbourne Cricket Ground (MCG) and/or Rod Laver Arena (home of Australian Open tennis)
- Lunch at the enormous state-of-the-art Etihad Stadium, host to AFL football, cricket, rugby and entertainment events
Extend your Melbourne Sports Tour into the afternoon by choosing one of the following add-on options to suit your sporting passion:
- Melbourne Sports Tour plus Eureka Skydeck
- Melbourne Sports Tour plus Tennis Tour and the chance to play tennis where the professionals play
- Melbourne Sports Tour plus MCG and the National Sports Museum
- Melbourne Sports Tour plus MCG, Rod Laver Arena and the National Sports Museum - The Ultimate Sport Lovers Tour
Sports Lovers Morning Tour:
- Visit Flemington, home of the Melbourne Cup - the horse race that stops the nation
- Drive through the Commonwealth Games 2006 Village
- Drive around Albert Park, on the Melbourne F1 Grand Prix Track and alongside Melbourne Sports and Aquatic Centre
- Enjoy lunch overlooking the Arena of Etihad Stadium host to Australian Rules Football, Cricket, The Rugby World Cup 2003 and Rugby 7s and major entertainment events.
After lunch, choose between tours of:
- Melbourne and Olympic Parks - Rod Laver Arena, home of The Australian Open Tennis
- Tour behind the scenes of the Melbourne Cricket Ground. The MCG is a super stage for Australian sport, stadium for the 1956 Olympics, Melbourne 2006 Commonwealth Games, International Cricket and Australian Rules Football. Highlights of the tour (all subject to availability) include; The Northern Stand, Coaches' box, Players' change rooms (football and cricket), Cricket viewing room, Long Room, Bill Lawry Cricket Centre, The Ponsford Stand - Aerial views, new MCG Museum, and walk on the hallowed turf (arena).
Enjoy the morning Sports Lovers Tour as above then choose one of the 5 following options:
1. Melbourne Sports Tour plus Eureka Skydeck: Take a birds eye view of our sports precincts from Eureka Skydeck.
2. Melbourne Sports Tour plus Tennis Tour: and the chance to play tennis where the professionals play - One of the world's busiest sports and entertainment precincts. See the players' change rooms where the top tennis players prepare for victory at the Australian Open Championships each January. Experience the thrill of walking onto Rod Laver Arena. Go backstage and explore the stars' dressing rooms. Delve into the history of concerts and sporting events held at the various arenas in the area. THEN experience the excitement of Grand Slam tennis and play on the same courts as the world's best players. Please wear tennis shoes and comfortable clothing for your one hour game. This tour requires a minimum of 2 people to operate.
3. Melbourne Sports Tour plus MCG and the National Sports Museum - National Sports Museum is a world-class National Sports Museum honours Australian Football, cricket, Olympic Games, soccer and many other sports. The museum also brings renewed energy to the MCG's traditional role as the spiritual home of Australian sport, re-establishing the stadium's renowned heritage facilities within a new, modern museums and entertainment precinct for use by the public, MCC members and tourists alike.
4. Melbourne Sports Tour plus MCG, Rod Laver Arena and the National Sports Museum - The Ultimate Sports Lovers Tour.