Book by November 30, 2015 and travel by December 31, 2015 to save 5% off our previously offered price!
- Full-day tour to the Dandenong Ranges, Puffing Billy Steam Train, and Yarra Valley, from Melbourne
- Have morning tea in the picturesque Dandenongs and hand-feed colorful wild native birds
- Ride Australia's oldest steam train, the Puffing Billy Steam Train, through the rainforest in the Dandenongs
- Take in the beauty of the Dandenong Ranges
- Taste a variety of wines at three wineries with views overlooking and Yarra Valley and rolling hills
- Savor a 2-course lunch at Rochford Winery accompanied by premium wine (if option selected)
- Learn about the regions you visit with expert commentary from your friendly guide
Why Our Insiders Chose This Tour
The scenic ride on the quaint steam train, combined with wine tastings, make for a relaxing day in the Melbourne countryside.
Recent Photos of This Tour
- Yering FarmPhoto by: Flashman
- Dominique PortetPhoto by: Flashman
- Puffing BillyPhoto by: Flashman
- Steam train ridePhoto by: Tommy Yeo
Singapore, 08 2015
- Twyla John BurtPhoto by: Twyla B
- vinesPhoto by: Aurora L
- pulling usPhoto by: Aurora L
- chug chug chug!Photo by: Aurora L
- kooka!Photo by: Aurora L
- GrantsPhoto by: Aurora L
- lamington!Photo by: Aurora L
- morning tea stopPhoto by: Aurora L
- Dandenong rangePhoto by: irise
- Wine TastingPhoto by: irise
- Memorable experience with ...Photo by: irise
- Yarra Valley beautyPhoto by: BEVERLEY
- CheersPhoto by: BEVERLEY
- DeliciousPhoto by: BEVERLEY
- CheersPhoto by: BEVERLEY
- Puffing BillyPhoto by: Gena L H
What You Can Expect
When you arrive in the Dandenongs, stop in at Grants Reserve for a traditional Aussie billy tea with crackers, vegemite, and lamington cake. Enjoy your tea and the fresh mountain air, then step outside to feed colorful native birds, including the crimson rosella, pink-chested galah and sulphur-crested cockatoo. Birdsong can be heard throughout the region.
After Grants Reserve, continue to Belgrave where you board the Puffing Billy Steam Train, a century-old steam train in mint condition. Relax and soak up the scenery as your train chugs along a mountain track through the heart of the rainforest between Belgrave and Menzies Creek. Travel through Sherbrooke Forest and over the old Trestle Bridge, getting great views of Port Phillip Bay as you approach Menzies Creek.
Switch from the train to your coach to make the 1-hour journey to the Yarra Valley. Victoria’s premium wine growing region, the Yarra Valley is known for cool climate varietals, especially chardonnay and pinot noir. You can also expect to find sauvignon blanc, pinot gris, riesling, cabernet sauvgnon, shiraz, and merlot varieties as well.
As you approach the Yarra Valley, see magnificent scenery including the Great Dividing Range. Your first stop takes in Rochford Winery, with the option to enjoy a delicious 2-course lunch accompanied by a glass of their premium wine. If you do not book the included lunch option, you can order à la carte at the winery or bring your own lunch.
After your meal, continue to two other wineries where you savor the wines and learn about the vineyards and winemaking process. In the late afternoon, after visits to three vineyards for tastings, relax on the drive back to your Melbourne hotel.
- Beef cheek with garlic mashed potatoes and greens OR
- Salmon with a salad of fennel, orange and pea shoots OR
- Wild mushroom risotto with spinach OR
- Chicken breast with bacon & onion potato bake and wilted spinach
- Chef's selection of fresh baked cakes
- Coffee or tea
7:25am Adina Grand Apartments
7:10am Atlantis Hotel
6:50am Bayside Eden
6:50am Bayview on the Park
7:00am Charsfield Hotel
7:15am Clarian Gateway Suites
7:10am Comfort Inn & Suites Flagstaff City(Dudley St)
7:20am Crowne Metropol
7:25am Crowne Plaza
7:15am Crowne Promenade
7:20am Crowne Towers
7:05am Downtowner on Lygon
7:10am Eastern Townhouse
7:15am Hilton on the Park
7:00am Hilton Southwharf
7:20am Holiday Inn Flinders
7:10am Hotel Discovery
7:25am Hotel Sofia
7:25am Ibis Styles Kingsgate
7:30am Ibis Therry St
7:35am Intercontinental Hotel The Rialto (Collins St Entrance)
7:25am Kings St Backpackers
7:10am Langham Hotel
7:10am Magnolia Court
7:05am Mantra on Jolimont
7:35am Mantra on Russell
7:20am Mantra on the Park
7:30am Marriott Hotel
7:30am Mercure Grand Swanston
7:15am Mercure Treasury Gardens
7:10am Miami Motor Inn
7:30am Novotel Collins
6:40am Novotel Bayside
7:20am Oaks on Market
7:25am Park Hyatt
7:25am Quest On William
7:15am Radisson Flagstaff
7:20am Rydges Melbourne
7:00am Rydges on Swanston, Carlton
7:00am Seasons Botanical
7:15am Sofitel Hotel
7:25am Stamford Plaza
7:05am Travelodge Docklands
7:15am Vibe Savoy
7:15am Windsor Hotel
7:00am YHA Metro (Queensberry)
Excellent guide - great stops. Was a wonderful experience.
Very nice tour. The buffy billy is nice, wineries are very good, especially Yering. Our guide forgot his name was very funny and knowledgeable.
This was a really fun tour. Guide Adrian really is knowledgeable about the areas we visited and he capably shared that with us. The steam train was fun. Adrian really encouraged everyone on the tour to get to know each other, By the end everyone was having a friendly time. I'm sure the good wines tasted at the three impressive wineries didn't dampen the atmosphere. Recommend this tour and Adrian.
Good day trip the scenery was lovely a nice day getting to know the Yarra valley and puffing billy train ride was delightful!
I liked the guide EDWARD so much. He was kind all the time, and he knew so many things that I have learned a lot of things about wine and Melbourne from him. It was such a nice journey. Great.
Great Tour. Mark our driver was great. Thoroughly enjoyable
Only one word to describe it - amazing! Made possible by Joe! All-rounder driver, tour guide and planner. He is very nice, friendly and knowledgable. He also went through the extra mile to send most of us home! And we got a bonus pleasant surprise from Joe, he took us to Yarra Valley new Chocolaterie which was not included in our itinerary as there was still ample time for my tour group to do so. Overall, this tour is fantastic! I did not regret my decision to take this tour with Viator. Thanks Viator and Joe! :
The tour was amazing and the tour guide knew alot. The wineries were great.
It was one of the best tours I have ever had. The bus was clean and comfortable. Our tour guide/driver Steve was really friendly and knowledgable. He was telling us all about the history, city, surroundings and tips for being in Melbourne. He went over and beyond what he needs to do. Great first time experience with viator. I would definitely book more tours from here as I go around the world.
The tour was fantastic, we both really enjoyed the experience the bus driver was fantastic and a lot of fun
$117.41 Save $5.87