- Day trip from Mendoza to Cañon de Atuel (Atuel Canyon)
- Enjoy amazing views of the red-rocked canyon, which stretches for approximately 37 miles
- See Lake Nihuil and Lake Valle Grande
- Go rafting, hiking, boating or ziplining to better experience the canyon (optional)
- Tour San Rafael and see its major sites, including 25 de Mayo, where the city was founded
- Small-group tour with maximum 14 people provides a more personalized experience
What You Can Expect
San Rafael is a gateway to the 37-mile-long (60 km) canyon – the starting point of your Cañon de Atuel experience. While you sit back and relax, the minivan will take you to the area’s best scenic sights. You’ll make plenty of stops for photos, so make sure your camera is charged up! You won’t want to miss capturing the stunning scenes, from the natural red rock formations to the deep canyon walls to the rushing Atuel River. See a couple of lakes formed by the Atuel River – Lake Nihuil (Embalse del Nihuil) and Lake Valle Grande (Embalse Valle Grande).
You’ll have a long break at Valle Grande, where you can eat lunch and stock up on snacks (own expense), and participate in any optional activity that peaks your interest! Possibilities include river rafting, hiking, a boat ride on the Lake Valle Grande and ziplining (all at own expense; if you wish to take part in an activity, pay directly on the day of your tour).
Before heading back to Mendoza, end your day trip with a tour of San Rafael. Visit some of its important historical sites, including the district of 25 de Mayo, where San Rafael was founded.
Please note: optional activities such as ziplining and kayaking are not available at this time.