- Day trip to Celestun Wildlife Refuge, a declared Biosphere Reserve
- Ride a boat past mangroves along the estuary and take a refreshing dip in a spring-fed pool
- Watch pink flamingos, also known as Caribbean flamingos, flock in the thousands
- Visit Tampeten petrified forest and head to a lovely beach in Celestun
- Small-group tour limited to 25 people ensures personal attention from your guide
What You Can Expect
Great side trip. There were perhaps over a thousand flamingoes.
Mangrove tour was very interesting. A nice visit to a beach, and seafood lunch,
(probably in place of the petrified forest) but nobody minded. Wonderful New Years Day.
There were only 5 other people on this tour which was nice. We very much enjoyed the boat ride and watching flamingos. There were so many of them! Drive through mangroves was also very nice. We just wish the boat ride was a bit longer. Beach in Celestun was empty compared to beaches in Playa del Carmen and Cancun. There were mainly local families enjoying their beach time together. It had a very relaxing and friendly atmosphere. Very pleasant day trip to escape the heat of Merida.