- Day trip to Celestun Wildlife Refuge, a declared Biosphere Reserve
- Ride a boat past mangroves along the estuary and take a refreshing dip in a spring-fed pool
- Watch pink flamingos, also known as Caribbean flamingos, flock in the thousands
- Visit Tampeten petrified forest and head to a lovely beach in Celestun
- Small-group tour limited to 25 people ensures personal attention from your guide
What You Can Expect
Great side trip. There were perhaps over a thousand flamingoes.
Mangrove tour was very interesting. A nice visit to a beach, and seafood lunch,
(probably in place of the petrified forest) but nobody minded. Wonderful New Years Day.
Good day out if you like to get away from the towns and city. Some beautiful scenery along the way, just be sure to have insect repellent. The beach at the end on a hot day is great.
There were only 5 other people on this tour which was nice. We very much enjoyed the boat ride and watching flamingos. There were so many of them! Drive through mangroves was also very nice. We just wish the boat ride was a bit longer. Beach in Celestun was empty compared to beaches in Playa del Carmen and Cancun. There were mainly local families enjoying their beach time together. It had a very relaxing and friendly atmosphere. Very pleasant day trip to escape the heat of Merida.
This trip makes a pleasant day out of Merida.
This was not a good experience for us. This time of year there were only a handful of flamingos and they were not in the usual place so we walked to a different area. It was mosquito infested and uncomfortable. Tours should not be sold this time of year. When you pay to see 10,000 flamingos and you see 15 it is very discouraging. Our driver, Ivan, was very reckless, drive very fast , and we felt unsafe. After our lunch he told the other person in our group that we wanted to leave (which was not true) and so we left early. The entire day was not at all what we expected and we were very disappointed.