- Day trip to Celestun Wildlife Refuge, a declared Biosphere Reserve
- Ride a boat past mangroves along the estuary and take a refreshing dip in a spring-fed pool
- Watch pink flamingos, also known as Caribbean flamingos, flock in the thousands
- Visit Tampeten petrified forest and head to a lovely beach in Celestun
- Small-group tour limited to 25 people ensures personal attention from your guide
What You Can Expect
Great side trip. There were perhaps over a thousand flamingoes.
Mangrove tour was very interesting. A nice visit to a beach, and seafood lunch,
(probably in place of the petrified forest) but nobody minded. Wonderful New Years Day.
Good day out if you like to get away from the towns and city. Some beautiful scenery along the way, just be sure to have insect repellent. The beach at the end on a hot day is great.