- Half-day market tour and cooking class in Merida
- Select locally grown food at one of the bustling Merida markets
- Prepare Yucatecan specialties at the home of a local host
- Discover Mexican cuisine and its culinary heritage
- Enjoy a light lunch with newfound friends
- Small-group tour limited to 12 ensures a more personalized experience
Recent Photos of This Tour
What You Can Expect
What a wonderful way to step into the culture and culinary traditions of the Yucatan! Ricardo was a gracious and wonderful guide and the family that invited us into their home for the cooking class was welcoming and friendly. It was a great way to spend a day! Thank you!
Our guide, Ricardo, was punctual, informative, friendly and very interesting. He led us on a fascinating tour through the Merida market and asked for our grandsons' help in choosing ingredients for our cooking class. With purchases in hand, we took a local bus to our destination. Cooking in someones home with her family there, made it truly meaningful. Our hostess was most gracious, allowing us to work with all of the ingredients and steps in preparing a delicious meal. We had participated in many other similar experiences over the years in several countries, and this was truly one of the most memorable.