- Half-day market tour and cooking class in Merida
- Select locally grown food at one of the bustling Merida markets
- Prepare Yucatecan specialties at the home of a local host
- Discover Mexican cuisine and its culinary heritage
- Enjoy local dishes with newfound friends
- Small-group tour limited to 12 ensures a more personalized experience
Recent Photos of This Tour
What You Can Expect
The tour and cooking class exceeded our expectations. Our tour guide Ricardo is a wonderful guide and historian. He is passionate about Merida and its history. Wonderdul trip to the market, bus trip local style, and then to Berta's house. Berta is a wonderful cook and person!
If you're curious about this class, my recommendation is to go ahead and sign up right away. This was the perfect way to experience Merida and classic Yucatan living. Our guide, Ricardo, was friendly and fun, and had excellent skills for teaching both local history and culture. The market was perfect - colorful, friendly and bustling. The host, Senora Bertha, welcomed us into her home as if we were old friends, and shared her kitchen and dining room with warmth and smiles. And while this was not a formal cooking exhibition style class, it certainly taught how to choose and use local ingredients in the local manner. I was fortunate to be staying in a private home in Merida, and 2 days after the class I made dinner for a small group of hungry people, using my new skill. And it turned out delicious and everyone was happy! So I feel very pleased with the whole experience and add my praise to others already written. Relax, enjoy and participate in the Yucatan through the world of food.